96 Explorer Before & After | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

96 Explorer Before & After

EDIT: It's been a few years since I've updated my B&A. :cool:

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Here is the before and after pics of my Explorer. It had 235's and I uped them to 31's. I also adjusted the torsion bars a bit to get the clearance I needed.

see the pics on my web site

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Section525.

Welcome to the site. Truck looks pretty nice. Did you do anything other than adjusting the front torsion bars? What kind of tires are those? The truck looks great!

As far as suspension goes.. I only messed with the torsion bars. But other mods to the truck include a K&N filter, Magna Flow exhaust, a sweet billet grille, and some minor audio enhancing.
The tires are BFG AT KOs. I am very impressed with the tires. Or maybe the Firestones were so bad any tire would seem great.

[Edited by section525 on 02-12-2001 at 07:02 PM]

LOOKS CLEAN!!! WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR GRILL FROM AND HOW MUCH? IS IT THE KIND THEAT JUST GOES OVER THE TOP OF THE FACTORY PLASTIC ONE OR DID YOU TAKE THE OLD ONE OUT? THANKS

It's a performance products grille. I'm very impressed with it. It was cake to put in too. It is the one that goes over the factory grille. It just clips on and you just unscrew the orignial ford emblem and place it on the new grille.

Hey Section, Nice lookin truck. Heres my Mounty with 31 BFG's Torsion Adjust, and Shackles
View

[Edited by EMStaxi on 02-12-2001 at 11:14 PM]

The grill does look cool
I bet you don't get stones through that one like you can on the stock grill

section 525, Is that the same truck? I had a 95 xlt, went through 2 dodge dakotas and now am back in a 99 limited. I had 31s on my 95 and I did my own 1" bodylift and cranked the torsions a little. The one looks blue and has running boards and the other looks green and kickass. The 99 has runningborads and I am not too happy about it.

EMstaxi,

Should get some clear corner lenses for the front of your mounty, I have yet to take pics of my Explorer. Mine is the same year as section's i have a billet grille from Stelle, Unfortunately mine isnt like the one from Perf. Products, it doesnt allow for the emblem to be moved, i actually had to take out the middle part of my factory grille, in order to install the billet. Looks the same but without the Ford Emblem. But i have Clear Corner lenses, it makes the front of the truck look alot smoother. Once i get some pics i will post them in this thread.

Peace

This was my Explorer after the 31's but before the torsion adjustment and the removal of the running boards. I don't know whether I like the boards off or on. Both look good to me. And yes that is the same truck... I don't know why the one looks so blueish. I think it's ready for a 3" body lift. What do you guys think? How hard would it be to install one and where do I get the kit??

Man your explorer looks so much better without those running boards. And even better with the slight lift and bigger tires. Man, I am not trying to be mean, but that stock explorer looked pretty bad, but with the tires and lift it looks great. Also, keep the running boards in the garage, it looks better without them.

Originally posted by rock883
Man your explorer looks so much better without those running boards.

I agree. Those factory running boards belong on a mall machine so little kids can climb in. If you want something to step on get some nerf bars. They look much tougher.

BTW great looking ride. Were you able to get your front end aligned after the twist?

looks great without the running boards! i just took mine off, too. made it look way bigger!

Okay.. I'm seriously thinking about doing a 3" body lift and runnin 33's. I'll probably go with the PA 98-00 Ranger kit. Hopefully I'll have it done by late May. These should be the last pics of my Explorer with "little" tires.

These pics were takin in Moab in mid March.

Dude, That looks alot like my truck.............
View

Before I lowered it...
View

Got my shackles in today (finally!) and put them on. Here's a before and after...

The after pic is a little dark so I'll take some more tomorrow.

Thanks for all your guys' help!

Next is the body lift and 33's!

Latest and greatest:

After 32x11.50 Muds and AR Bajas

Attachments

• b4aft.jpg
    b4aft.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,616

Yeah.. I had to do some fender art to get them in there. They still rub occasionally. I haven't decided if I'm going to do a body lift or maybe some of perrys fenders. We'll see. I ordered my add-a-leafs to bring the rear up a little.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is that the same X. one has a touch pad and one doesn't!

Back