034x4's D44 SAS thread... | Page 40 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

034x4's D44 SAS thread...

I think this is my first post here, but i've used this board for alot of research on explorer and ranger SAS. So i finally decided i should post my project and it's progress so far.

The truck originally is a 2003 edge 4x4. 37,000 miles with 4.10's/LS.
I had 3" body lift, fiberglass front fenders and cut rear fenders to have plenty of clearance for 35x12.50 BFG mudders. Made a trip down to savannah and on the way home my passenger hub bearing pretty much exploded. Taking with it, the pass knuckle, caliper, rotor, bent inner tie-rod, ground flat outter tie-rod. I already had the D44 in preperation for the SAS but with this, i decided to go ahead and start on it.

This is the ranger, in the beginning.

7cbc01ed.jpg

After the bearing failure, at 70mph on I-75 north...

2a08b95d.jpg

33975f5e.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh do you still have those waggys you used to mock everything up ?? and how much did it cost at mild 2 wild to tap your box for hydra ??

$75 FOR THE BOX.

Waggys were shot to he11.

i might have some waggys if someone would help me with my swapover, i can't do much in an apt complex

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

what do you have to do ?? i have a welder and tools at my place, just have to move my toyota out from the basement garage..

any updates on this ?? you need to come wheelin with me and the toyota boys in tellico soon !!

bout time for an update...

he went to school... not home.

this truck is sick... I love the build. sorta wish you kept whatever was left of the bed. haha
sweet rig though

*update*

On me, not really the truck.

I'm finishing up my classes here at the fab school. We'll be on our way back early january, possibly to alabama...

The truck? Well it'll stay the same for a while, hydro assist will come off cuz it leaks like a ***** and I'll need to DD it. When I get re-settled in and get some $$$ flowing i'll look into tearing it down and re-building it, alloooottt better this time.

Also, this coming september I will be getting married. :D

*update*

On me, not really the truck.

I'm finishing up my classes here at the fab school. We'll be on our way back early january, possibly to alabama...

The truck? Well it'll stay the same for a while, hydro assist will come off cuz it leaks like a ***** and I'll need to DD it. When I get re-settled in and get some $$$ flowing i'll look into tearing it down and re-building it, alloooottt better this time.

Also, this coming september I will be getting married. :D

Damn Bro! What part of AL?

Congrats to you and Jen!

Birmingham area. Thanks man.

Wouldn't happen to be around BTF's new shop? I was just in Birmingham 2 weeks ago at Gardendale, if your around there on my next trip, i'll give you a heads up

THE fab school

www.thefabschool.com

In riverside, ca.

Too bad you don't have enough time to go wheelin while you're out here...it's only a couple hrs to Truckhaven from where you are at. If you do find time, maybe we can get a run together with the So Cal boys in short notice:thumbsup:

So how is the school. I'm looking into going to school there. What kind of job are you going to go for when your done with classes. O and congrats so far.

So how is the school. I'm looking into going to school there. What kind of job are you going to go for when your done with classes. O and congrats so far.

IIRC he has an interview with Blue Torch Fab.

Too bad you don't have enough time to go wheelin while you're out here...it's only a couple hrs to Truckhaven from where you are at. If you do find time, maybe we can get a run together with the So Cal boys in short notice:thumbsup:

Trucks still in GA, otherwise I'd have pics of it on the Hammers :roll:

^^Thats correct.

It's definately worth it. Learned a helluva lot and got my name out there in the industry.

oh ****. you're the kid dan's been talking about. he said you put in like 200 extra hours of work that weren't required or something. also said you kick ass with aluminum. i guess i might see you around at the shop if you come by before i leave for school.

yea i am really interested in that school. It's a complete change in plans from what I was going to school for, but it seems like fabbing is something I really love. Idk,, but you might see me there soon to check it out.

oh ****. you're the kid dan's been talking about. he said you put in like 200 extra hours of work that weren't required or something. also said you kick ass with aluminum. i guess i might see you around at the shop if you come by before i leave for school.

Not at work, at school. The classes are only 2 days a week but I've been going everyday this past 6 months. I'm decent with aluminum.

Here some I did for the pre-runner we recently finished at school.

jey3.jpg

jey4.jpg

A hood I made for one of the cars at Wicked Sand Toys (where I work now)

PIC-0086.jpg

And one very similar for a "budget" sand car at wicked that I'm working on.

PIC-0094.jpg

PIC-0095.jpg

Thats just some of the stuff I've done since I've been out here. :salute:

Back