Need info on the 5th shock | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need info on the 5th shock

Does this 5th Shock Exist on on the 97 Sport? if it does im gunna rip it out, weight reduction!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Took mine off and its been fine ever since, no need for it,

maybe the ones that come off and it doesnt make a difference are allready worn out, and that's why there wouldnt be any noticable difference

maybe the ones that come off and it doesnt make a difference are allready worn out, and that's why there wouldnt be any noticable difference

That is what I think also--

I'm waiting for my bilsteins and already contacted the ebay seller in regards to this 5th shock ... I didn't know that I could include it in my package

BTW ... I talked to my mechanic and he told me that the bilsteins are really difficult to get ... I didn't know this 'cause I usually buy all my car parts online!

G

I removed mine and replaced it with a new one. It made no difference in ride or handeling whatsoever. I then removed it and its been off for years.

On mine there is a large round metal piece on the lower bracket. Is that just a weight? I'm planing on taking it all off.

Back