2005 F-150 lifts...anyone have one before? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 F-150 lifts...anyone have one before?

LOGJOCKY

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leduc, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 EXPLORER XLT
I bought a 05 F150 in December as my old peice of crap died on the highway, and i want to lift it. I have researched it and will probly go with Pro COmp or Skyjacker. I am curiour though, has anyone put a lift on these yet and experianced it. Only reason I ask is because of the rear shock design. Outside the frame seems like it will limit rear end flex to me. Gotta love the coilovers up front though. It is 4x4 but I am going prerunner style, similar to the build they featured on Trucks awhile back when the truck was first introduced. Any info would be great

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you want a good quality lift, get the fabtech 6" lift. They are pretty much the best in the industry.

The shock outside the frame will help with stability. I'm not sure why you're worried about flex when you're setting it up for prerunner style either. Also those brands aren't the best for prerunning anyways.

For highway 4bys, I've heard good things about both of those lifts you mentioned. A few friends have that truck with both brands of lift

if you want a good quality lift, get the fabtech 6" lift. They are pretty much the best in the industry.

i thought about them but OMG they are expensive.

The shock outside the frame will help with stability. I'm not sure why you're worried about flex when you're setting it up for prerunner style either. Also those brands aren't the best for prerunning anyways.

i am going to set it up prerunner style because it looks hot, i will still do all offroading though. i just want the ability to fly over bumps at 50MPH too

I have installed a rancho 4" kit on an 05 and a 3" body lift on an 06. Don't bother with the body lift unless you want to spend 4 hours on the back bumper. The hitch is intregrated in the bumper and you have to cut / weld in 4 different places.

The Rancho kit was VERY sturdy and I like the design of everything. The control arm drop is all 1 peice and comes in red or black.

iu am not going body lift. how hard was it to install? i probly wont do it myself because the shop i am going to offers warranty. i havnt done any research into rancho at all. i will look it up and see if their design differs from the other two

My roomate has an 05 King Ranch, and he has been doing a lot of research and he likes the Superlift kits. He hasnt bought it yet, but he likes them the best so far.
Go to www.f150online.com there is a ton of info on there and I think a few reviews, it should be helpful.

nice site, thanks for the link

Back