HELP! I am stuck and i can't get out. (Story of the longest Whoops!) | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP! I am stuck and i can't get out. (Story of the longest Whoops!)

Here’s my problem. Stupid me went 4x4 in my STOCK!!! Explorer and got stuck in a swamp kind of creek thing. I don't really know what is but basically flooded grass. Its winter, about -13c and about 5 in of snow. So I broke through the ground and the wheels are in ruts and spinning freely. Ground level is the frame. How do I get out?

What I have available to me is a Kubota L2800 (Ruffly the same weight if not alittle heavier then the truck) with plow and Front end loader. I have a 3/4 ton come along and a 2 ton hoist. Lots of chain, no straps. I am a one man show with no help.

I have tried hooking a chain to the frame and the tractor and pulled from behind the truck and got nothing but spinning tires.

I have tried lowering the plow to the ground and curling the bucket to pull the truck out....Nothing

I have tried anchoring the tractor and using the 3/4 ton come along and got no where. I stopped one I couldn't move the handle back on forth easily in worry of breaking the chain.

My next moved was to try from the front of the truck. Anchor the tractor to the ground by putting the bucket and plow down. Attaching the 2 ton hoist to the bucket (there’s hooks welded to it). Attaching a chain to both side of the front frame, placing wooden rams on the front tires to help lift it to higher ground while I pull. My question is worth trying or a stupid idea? Is a hoist to dangerous to use in the vertical position?

Sorry I have no actual picks but i will post them once i can.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like you'r talking about a Herman Nelson type heater, we use those to keep our modular tents warm, and I can vouch, they do put out a lot of heat! You can probably rent one at any equipment rental place and then all you need is to keep the truck covered in some sort of tent... maybe if you know somebody with one of those "tarp garages"?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Man this is sucking for you

Just so I'm not mistaken, are we all talking about this nice red ford we see here in the pictures?

Nopers, that would be a wait till summer type situation :confused: go see pics in post #12

This is classic! :biggthump :bsnicker:

Ever consider calling a tow truck? One with a flatbed and a nice long winch cable? :confused:

Ask local snow removal people to help you out. The street snow removal guys usually have heavy duty machinery (trucks, loaders and graders) as well as heavy duty winches, I'm sure they'd help a guy out.

the hi-lift wont hold upright on ice, and will sink through whatever muck is underneath if he breaks through

I say take the chains and wrap around the frame horns in front, then lift up with the tractor. While its raised up just pull it backwards.

You may also need to use the bucket to break some of the ice.

Get some scrap wood and make a 2'x2' base. That should create a big enough foot print for the high lift make some headway. I used old pallets when I made mine, couple layers thick :)

This is classic! :biggthump :bsnicker:

Ever consider calling a tow truck? One with a flatbed and a nice long winch cable? :confused:

Yes this is and im really wondering how this it going......:thumbsup: I hope the best for him.....

so did ya get it out?

common knowlege to have a base for your hi lift when dealing with muck, I suggested this from day 1

:p

I am guessing hes still stuck

wow i almost had heart failure when mine got stuck i feel bad for him lol

lol.. sad :(

Wait how big is this excavator it sould have been able to lift the x out no problem.

Agree, they weren't doing something right. But you never want to rush things othewrwise you end up breaking stuff.

A neat doodad our old army Iltis had was a wheel winch called an "unstucker", it bolted to the rim and you tied a cable to it and the spinning wheel winched you out. I havent seen on of those in ages. heres a video I found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJOeEaba__c&mode=related&search=

Not in the Army, but in the Marines we still have these on 2 or more wheels of the HMMWV's. Which is a Hummer for you (nasty) civilians :p: . Problem is almost no one knows what they are for or how to use them.

Back