Wanting a Gen3 Limited - Need advice to unload my 02 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanting a Gen3 Limited - Need advice to unload my 02 XLT

SpartanTS

Reaction score
City, State
Williamsburg, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ironman V8
2002 XLT in great shape with about 140k on the odometer. I've found quite a few Limited models under 100k for about 10k or less. However, my issue is...

My payoff is about 7k. Anyone think I can get 5500 for it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What's blue book? I wouldn't trade it in, you'll get raped. Sell it, then go buy another vehicle

I just traded in my '02 XLT for an '03 Limited. I got $7,400 for the trade in and paid $9,000 for the Limited. The XLT had 83k on it. Hope that helps. The KBB value of the XLT was $8,700 for good/excellent condition. They lowered the price of the Limited for less of a trade in. The Limited had 45k on it.

I got 9K trade in and 10.5K private for a 02

Sorry, but Black Book would have the truck at about $5500. No way to get that kind of money for an XLT with 140k miles. A new car dealer is going to be wholesaling something with that kind of miles.

It will be hard to get much for one with that many miles on it. It is hard to get it financed. I think you could probably get the $5500 for it by selling it yourself but if you trade it in I doubt it. I bought my '02 Limited with 82k on it about a year ago for about $11k from a dealer. If a dealer does show you something like 9 or 10k for it be careful he is probably showing you more for it by upping the price on the one you want to buy.

Back