Chrome Window Trim/molding | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Chrome Window Trim/molding

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Logan,

Try one of the site's sponsors at www.fastpartsnetwork.com. Torrie's a great guy and really knows his stuff.

Just bought mine at ford today. $240 total for all four doors.....ouch!

Check out my cardomain for pics after install. You have to cut the rubber away from the rear vent glass. This is the only discrepency between Explorers and Aviators.

Check out my cardomain for pics after install. You have to cut the rubber away from the rear vent glass. This is the only discrepency between Explorers and Aviators.

You have to cut away the whole rubber piece across the bottom of the whole window? Or just the piece at the rear of the back window? and how do u do it? Does the chrome piece go right over the existing black rubber on the explorer?

You have to cut away the whole rubber piece across the bottom of the whole window? Or just the piece at the rear of the back window? and how do u do it? Does the chrome piece go right over the existing black rubber on the explorer?

No, yes, link below, and yes.

http://forums.explorer------x.com/index.php?showtopic=8190

(Since this is another explorer forum, I think the actual link is literally blocked....... before you click on it take out all of the "------" that I had to insert for it to even show up.)

This is not me, I'm "limitedex", but he showed me how to do it.

No, yes, link below, and yes.

http://forums.explorer------x.com/index.php?showtopic=8190

(Since this is another explorer forum, I think the actual link is literally blocked....... before you click on it take out all of the "------" that I had to insert for it to even show up.)

This is not me, I'm "limitedex", but he showed me how to do it.

Thanks for the link... but the picture show that you have to cut away all the rubber under the window? you dont have to or do you?

no, only about four inches from where the back of the rear window rolls down. the actual explorer trim removes, that's probably what you're seeing...

you see, the aviator trim is about four inches longer than the explorer's.

real simple, i just used a box cutter with a sharp blade. no regrets at all. you never see the cut part with the aviator trim installed.

Here is my actual conversation not but a week ago trying to figure out the same thing as you.

Once again on that forum I am limitedex.

http://forums.explorer----x.com/index.php?showtopic=10431&hl=

(again, remove the "----" before linking it)

Also, I think you may have to be a member to view the pics. Not sure though...

so the only part that is 'hard' is cutting the 4 inches from the vent window in order for the tab thing to stick in the rubber? I really want to do this but I am not sure if I will regret it if I mess up in any way, since I can get the trim for about 180

First off, i wanna know where you're getting it from for 180...... lucky

Yes, but it's not hard. It's just a solid chunk of rubber and the razor blade slices through it like butter.

Why are you worried about something that you will never see if you have no intentions of taking the trim off?

First off, i wanna know where you're getting it from for 180...... lucky

Yes, but it's not hard. It's just a solid chunk of rubber and the razor blade slices through it like butter.

Why are you worried about something that you will never see if you have no intentions of taking the trim off?

Im getting it from www.fastpartsnetwork.com and the guy there looked up each part # for me. They sell OEM Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury parts at a discount. The total came to 192 and change.

Im just a little skeptical about doing it and fear that I might screw up.

And the trim for the front doors just pop right on, replacing the old ones right?

Im getting it from www.fastpartsnetwork.com and the guy there looked up each part # for me. They sell OEM Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury parts at a discount. The total came to 192 and change.

Im just a little skeptical about doing it and fear that I might screw up.

And the trim for the front doors just pop right on, replacing the old ones right?

yep

Back