33x12.5 on 15x8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

33x12.5 on 15x8

My friends have told me that its not a good idea and i should get 15x10s because i shouldnt have more than 1 inch of tire stick out on each side of the rim, is that true?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've seen people run 15x8s on a 12.50 tire, and 15x10s... I prefer the 15x10 look, but they also rub easier than a 15x8. /shrug I dont see whats wrong with it, but Im not professional.

Your friends are dumb, I ran a 33/12.50 on my stock 15x7 wheels and never had a problem. And thats with wheeling and airing down, im running 15x8's now and I think it looks perfect, to me a 15x10 gives it a bubble look. And like stated before, there is a likelyhood for more rubbing with a 15x10.

i like mine on 12.5 on 8". the thead is flat across the tire. that and i like having the tire to help protect the rim. i slid hard in to a curb hard and didn't even touch the rim.
models008.jpg

ive got 35x15.50x15 on the stock 15x7 explorer wheels......i am affraid to go over 70 but havent had a problem yet.

Alright thanks guys, nice paintjob holshot.

I ran 35/12.50's on stock 15x7 rims aired down all the time with no problems on my old BII

845149_132_full.jpg

ill get a pic up soon.its the spair tho ... its in my garage.

dosent everyone?
DSCN0394.jpg

DSCN0395.jpg

DSCN0391.jpg

DSCN0396.jpg

My friends have told me that its not a good idea and i should get 15x10s because i shouldnt have more than 1 inch of tire stick out on each side of the rim, is that true?

Do they drive J**P's?

hahahaha

Tire shops will not mount tires more than 3 1/2-inches wider than the wheel.
I run a 33x12.5x 15 on a 8-inch wheel with no problems. Narrower wheels are better for running lower tire pressure. I believe most people on this site run 12.5-inch tires on 8-inch wheels.

What would you guys suggest, a 12.5 or 11.5 in terms of minimizing rubbing? I'd like to have them spaced so they're slightly outside the fenders, a wide stance. What would be the best width and backspacing combo with a wider stance to try to minimize rubbing with a 3'' BL and TT/S?

Naw not THOSE friends 1 of em has a lifted Silverado with 33s and the other one has an Evo 9

i have 11.50's, did rib some, just had to cut small V's in the plastic wheel whell's, but the side lug's of the swomper's could have been the problem..

Picture121-1.jpg

What would you guys suggest, a 12.5 or 11.5 in terms of minimizing rubbing? I'd like to have them spaced so they're slightly outside the fenders, a wide stance. What would be the best width and backspacing combo with a wider stance to try to minimize rubbing with a 3'' BL and TT/S?

A 12.50 with a 15x8 rim with 3.75 backspacing Will rub a little on the rear of the fenderwell so minimum trimming is required.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Running 33x12.5's on stock 15 x 7 rims here and have NO problems. Well, almost no problems. I rub the swaybar at full lock on the front...no big deal..

Back