2 new interiors upgrades to my Explorer!! *pics* | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 new interiors upgrades to my Explorer!! *pics*

redneck2725

Reaction score
City, State
Weirton, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
I took this:
Picture005-1.jpg

And this:
Picture006.jpg

Then this happened:

Picture008.jpg

Picture007.jpg

I'm very happy with the 2 upgrades. The JVC that was in there was complete junk. Bass sounded great, but no treble whatsoever. My wife thought i had bought a amp for the highs also because of how much louder and clearer they were:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good

Awesome... Did you make the panel for the instrument cluster yourself? And how was the headunit install? I found that when I did my installation the new HU stuck out past where the stock one had... it was also a little bit bigger than the cut-out in the dash panel... I ended up taking off the dash panel and using a razor to trim it down a little, then mounted the HU in...

Awesome... Did you make the panel for the instrument cluster yourself? And how was the headunit install? I found that when I did my installation the new HU stuck out past where the stock one had... it was also a little bit bigger than the cut-out in the dash panel... I ended up taking off the dash panel and using a razor to trim it down a little, then mounted the HU in...

Actually bought the bezel off of ebay for like $20 shipped. It's a very nice piece. I bought one before and it was like paper. This one was a solid piece of metal

Anyways, the headunit install was flawless. It fits perfectly. Very snug, but no trimming required.

yeah good work man... this is my dash... not a real good picture though
2513852_27_full.jpg

I have my ashtray removed as well and I'm considering the same thing... only thing is, I need a CB first...

i had my cb like that for a while but it started to bug me so i mounted it right under the ashtray. by the way does anyone know where the best place to wire into "key on" power is

Accessory power? Your radio would be the best... it has a constant and accessory power source... Besides, it's pretty close to the ashtray...

Back