Does anybody know how to remove the front bumper | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anybody know how to remove the front bumper

hawks06

Reaction score
City, State
Northville, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Xlt V8
Back in February i bumped the X into a pole and did some minor damage. So now im trying to get the front end fixed. But im very short on cash. The body shop wanted about 500 to remove the front bumper. Paint the new bumper. Then mount the new bumper.

I went to Earl Scheib body shop and they said if i get my own paint and mount and unmount the bumpers myself that he can do it for 120. That sounds allot better. The only problem now is that i havent the slightest clue how to remove the front bumper. Does anybody have diagrams or know how to do this?

If anybody has headlights or turn signals let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For headlights and turn signals, you might try e-bay.

um there is 4 bolts holding it on one on each side of the frame horns

Actually its a total of 4 bolts. on each frame horn. They are 18mm bolts. 5 mins and the bumper is loose.

Actually its a total of 4 bolts. on each frame horn. They are 18mm bolts. 5 mins and the bumper is loose.

or just hit a deer like I did last weekend...:mad:

actually i didnt hit a deer. I think that might of casued less damage. I spun out on some ice and crashed into a telphone pole at about 25 mph. Luckily the car was in a spin and sort of kissed the pole. So it didnt cause as much damage as it could of. But i think its going end up costing me about 800-1200.
DSCF0519.jpg

That looks like quite a bit more damage than mine, and mine came out to 1700...of course mine is going through insurance so I'm sure the shop doesn't care how much they charge

actually i didnt hit a deer. I think that might of casued less damage.

I guess it depends on how big of a deer you hit.My wife hit one about 3 months ago in our 02' and it done $5300 in damage.I thought it would never be the same but it looks good as new again,you can't tell there was ever any damage.

12-0671.jpg

Thats weird looking damage for hitting a deer. It looks more like the deer ran straight into the door.

Ugh I hate all the plastic crap they put on new vehicles. It breaks so easily.

Thats weird looking damage for hitting a deer. It looks more like the deer ran straight into the door.

I was behind her in another vehicle and saw the deer leap from an embankment right in front of the Explorer,it hit right about the headlight and spun it around right into the door,head first.The deer was still alive and ran back across in front of me,which I swerved and missed.It was one tough buck,it took four 9mm shots to the head to put it out of it's misery.

Ugh I hate all the plastic crap they put on new vehicles. It breaks so easily.
lol! You should have been behind her,it looked like an explosion of plastic parts.Plastic flew about 25 feet in the air and just peppered me in the vehicle behind her.

Back