• Register Today It's free!

go ahead make fun of me!

KillaExpo

Reaction score
City, State
Floral Park NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Wow do i feel stupid... As long as i had my truck i was like wow i wish it had one of the radios that tells you the name of the song and the info... little did i knowm i was driving around with a radio that did that and didnt know...? I got an 03 eddie with prem radio.. and today while messing around i turned something on and it now tells me the name of the song and who sings it! Who else knew about this?:D or am i the only one that never knew about it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RDS is cool. I have the same thing in my '03 EB.

I have it on my 02 Eddie but the rural stations here don't display the song/artist.They show the name of the station and scroll some news headlines.Since I listen mostly to my XM I get song/artist though. :)

Wow do i feel stupid... As long as i had my truck i was like wow i wish it had one of the radios that tells you the name of the song and the info... little did i knowm i was driving around with a radio that did that and didnt know...? I got an 03 eddie with prem radio.. and today while messing around i turned something on and it now tells me the name of the song and who sings it! Who else knew about this?:D or am i the only one that never knew about it?

I'd like to upgrade to that radio...can you post a close up photo of faceplate?

I wonder if mine has this also ..hmmm

The '02 should have it. You access it thru your Menu button. Select RDS on, or RDS off. I think by default they're off.

My RDS works about half as good as the one in my Durango did, and that one sucked. I tune to an RDS streaming channel, and it takes about 30 seconds for one word to jump to the next, if at all. Some stations just spell out something wierd and it stays there. Oddly, this radio has better station reception than any other I've owned. I can clearly pick up stations that are 100+ miles away.

GM radios have the best RDS system. They even have an "info" button that brings up another message that the regular stream doesn't show.

Indeed, it's the RDS... standard on any of the premium sound systems since '98.

It's only as good as the station broadcasting it. It seems that as more and more of the stations switch to HD broadcast, they're incorporating the RDS info more and more.

It's nice, but not a must-have IMHO.

-Joe

Back