95 F-150 pulls right when braking

techieman33

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Topeka, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 V8 Mountaineer
Let me start off by saying this is my friends truck, and I haven't driven it since it developed this problem. The drivers side rotor was warped, so he replaced it, when putting it back together he had force the piston back into the caliper to get the pad in. Then when he took it out to test drive it, the pedal went all the way to the floor no brakes. But after he pumped the pedal a couple of times they returned. But he never opened up the system so we have no idea why that happened. But now when he uses the brakes it pulls to the right. But just driving it down the road it will go straight, so I"m pretty sure it's not an alignment issue. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When your firend forced the piston back, he created a vacuum in the caliper and line. Before you drive it, you must pump the brakes to get the fluid back into the caliper. This is normal.
The pulling sounds like a caliper hanging up. It may be due to a small air bubble or it could be that the caliper piston is stuck. You can get rust in the cylinder wall that the caliper piston is in. When you force it back, all the rust and debris gets shoved back as well. Try bleeding the brakes first. If that doesn't work, you'll have to take the caliper apart and clean it, or just buy a new caliper (it's easier).

The caliper is probably bad, I would just replace it and bleed the entire system.

i put that caliper is stuck....so you push harderand it wont go anywhere and all the press goes to the other side....giving you the pull

-Drew

Back