• Register Today It's free!

Shock Question

sodjer6

Reaction score
City, State
Lincoln, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Sport/'04 XLT
Since I can't seem to get an answer from Rancho themselves, I'll ask here. Do shocks have a "shelf-life"? I recently uncovered 2 RS5000's while cleaning the garage, I would guess these are 2-3 years old... They are still new and in the box.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since I can't seem to get an answer from Rancho themselves, I'll ask here. Do shocks have a "shelf-life"? I recently uncovered 2 RS5000's while cleaning the garage, I would guess these are 2-3 years old... They are still new and in the box.

Thanks!

Go ahead and use them. The only thing that could have gone wrong would be the seals drying up, but I doubt that would happen.

Thanks!

No shelf life, and rancho shocks have a lifetime warranty from Monroe/Rancho as well. Put them on and if you have any issues contact who you purchased them from.

Shockguys
Shockwarehouse.com

I bought Rancho rsx shocks in may 2005, and just now have gotten around to having them put on, 2 years sitting in a box and no problems. :)

I did finally hear back from them and their "official" response was a shelf life of 10years so now all I gotta do is find the time to get them on :D

Back