• Register Today It's free!

door ajar

fatdad461

Reaction score
City, State
somerset kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 xlt
Truck is a 2002 about 88000 miles and runs good. I had my door ajar light come on and will not turn off, I've check all doors,everything is as it should be. Has anybody else had this happen, and if so what is the fix.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is a pretty common problem it seems,there is probably a couple dozen threads on it if you do a search of "door ajar".I've had the problem myself.You can start by spraying some lube on the latch mechanism and in the holes under the outside door handle when you pull up on it.Sometimes that fixes the problem,if not there is several other things it could be.On mine I noticed my door was a little out of adjustment so I lined it back up and lubed it with some spray and somewhere between the two it fixed the problem.The light hasn't came on for a couple months now.

I ended up having the PS front latch replaced under warranty on mine...would have cost me about $160 including labor!

Door Ajar light stay on

:exp: My door ajar light also stays on, I have checked everty door andlatch, I cannot find the culprete. tthomason@gmail.com
Truck is a 2002 about 88000 miles and runs good. I had my door ajar light come on and will not turn off, I've check all doors,everything is as it should be. Has anybody else had this happen, and if so what is the fix.

:exp: My door ajar light also stays on, I have checked everty door andlatch, I cannot find the culprete. tthomason@gmail.com

Did you try opening each door one by one with the engine running?The ones that are OK should make the ding sound when they are opened,the one that is ajar will not make the ding sound when it is opened.It doesn't always work out but you may be able to find it that way.

My 02 does the same thing. I am going to get some wd-40 and spray all the doors to see if that will work.Anyone else got any ideas?:scratch:

Door AJar lights on

The dinging is going even with all doors shut and key in the ignition. However, I took Electrical lube and sprayed every door latch, rear widow latch and hood latch. AND THAT WORKED!!! so, far.

Did you try opening each door one by one with the engine running?The ones that are OK should make the ding sound when they are opened,the one that is ajar will not make the ding sound when it is opened.It doesn't always work out but you may be able to find it that way.

Door ajar light is on

The dinging is going even with all doors shut and key in the ignition. However, I took Electrical lube and sprayed every door latch, rear widow latch and hood latch. AND THAT WORKED!!! so, far.
My 02 does the same thing. I am going to get some wd-40 and spray all the doors to see if that will work.Anyone else got any ideas?:scratch:

Back