Looking for mods with little $$$ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for mods with little $$$

MarineSNiper217

Reaction score
Hello, im looking to do some relativly cheap performance mods for VERY low cost.

Alrady done are:
TT 3-4"
TB cable shortened
Open cone filter w/crankshaft breather( =cold stock intake)
Drag bars on rear leafs (lowers 2")
Hole in the muffler with Cat #1 broken (muffler hole releaves about 1/2 pressure...)

What else can I do cheap? Or whats the next thing I should be looking for? Im wanting quick speed, AKA step on it and your up to 60 in a heart beat(I know it cant happen but I can dream) Im thinking of a 75hp shot of fogger NOS, 6 mechanics say 75 is ok, they use it for towing purposes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello, im looking to do some relativly cheap performance mods for VERY low cost.

Alrady done are:
TT 3-4"
TB cable shortened
Open cone filter w/crankshaft breather( =cold stock intake)
Drag bars on rear leafs (lowers 2")
Hole in the muffler with Cat #1 broken (muffler hole releaves about 1/2 pressure...)

What else can I do cheap? Or whats the next thing I should be looking for? Im wanting quick speed, AKA step on it and your up to 60 in a heart beat(I know it cant happen but I can dream) Im thinking of a 75hp shot of fogger NOS, 6 mechanics say 75 is ok, they use it for towing purposes.

Let me get this correct. 75 shot for towing. The only time you use nitrous is when you are at wot. This just isnt sensible. I offer all kinds of options for affordable aftermarket parts.Email me if interested-J

I won a Hypertech Programmer on eBay for under $70.

Seller did not know if the program was returned to the unit or not. One of his employees used it, and said it worked fine. Seller did not know if the worker deprogrammed it or not. I bought it thinking that it would need to be sent to Hypertech for a reset. I plugged it in, and it worked as it should :thumbsup:

I won a Hypertech Programmer on eBay for under $70.

Seller did not know if the program was returned to the unit or not. One of his employees used it, and said it worked fine. Seller did not know if the worker deprogrammed it or not. I bought it thinking that it would need to be sent to Hypertech for a reset. I plugged it in, and it worked as it should :thumbsup:

?

lighten the car up? the spare is heavy, and hell, who needs it? lol umm jk..
get a chip?, remove roof rack, flowmaster, idk

hole in the muffler? broken cat? christ you really want cheap mods eh?

Remove spare tire? Remove roof rack? Besides that, you might have to spend more than $20....out of budget?

lol spare tire will be removed here shortly, That was #1 on my list of things to do this week. My CHECK ENGINE light came on whyle I was out of town, it says Misfire on CYL 3 (checked at AutoZone). So I have to get that fixed...and $20 isnt really out of budget.... I'd just have to save for good stuff! lol

if you want a cheap mod for the exhaust, get a sawzall and have at it *edit* do NOT cut exhaust.

if you want a cheap mod for the exhaust, get a sawzall and have at it

OK--it is all coming together now--

Do not remove your exhaust--this can kill brain cells.

cutting the exhaust for a street vehicle is bad advice to give other members, and I don't want it debated here-

end of that story.

Yes what jtsmith said doesn’t hack off the exhaust! Carbon Monoxide kills people every year! When jack azzes hack of there tailpipes and mufflers!

sorry bout that, wont make that suggestion again.

Im not doing what he suggested:

What would cut through exhaust pipe metal best? A sawsall, or an angle grinder? Im going to to cheap, cut out my old muff, and add in a $20 Cherry Bomb muff. Just for some sound, and to "fix" the hole in my OEM muffler. I have the angle grinder, but a friend has a sawsall, so it would be nice to know which cuts faster...

Im not doing what he suggested:

What would cut through exhaust pipe metal best? A sawsall, or an angle grinder? Im going to to cheap, cut out my old muff, and add in a $20 Cherry Bomb muff. Just for some sound, and to "fix" the hole in my OEM muffler. I have the angle grinder, but a friend has a sawsall, so it would be nice to know which cuts faster...

sawzall with a meal blade maybe 3 min tops, angle grinder cant get all the way through.

As stated above, weight reduction is cheap. You could remove those Kicker Solobarics and all that neon to start with.......

well..the angle grinder you have to go around the pipe..it works...but takes forever, I trimmed my tailpipe for a resonator tip to fit on. As for the Kickers and neons...those stay...those are whats going to win the neon glow off at The Perfect Blend car show on the 19 in Chatham...lol

well..the angle grinder you have to go around the pipe..it works...but takes forever, I trimmed my tailpipe for a resonator tip to fit on. As for the Kickers and neons...those stay...those are whats going to win the neon glow off at The Perfect Blend car show on the 19 in Chatham...lol

The Prefect Blend WTF, that is the name of my cigar shop!

lmfao, small world then huh? lol our show is hosted by my car club, Grounded Customs, were calling it The Perfect Blend: Car and Truck Show, we have sponsors coming out to judge audio, neon, body work, best car and best truck each catagory, and a whole lot of other stuff. Anyone is welcome, and its $10 to get in, money goes to the prizes, all cash!

lmfao, small world then huh? lol our show is hosted by my car club, Grounded Customs, were calling it The Perfect Blend: Car and Truck Show, we have sponsors coming out to judge audio, neon, body work, best car and best truck each catagory, and a whole lot of other stuff. Anyone is welcome, and its $10 to get in, money goes to the prizes, all cash!

sweet bud that sound like fun

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Muffler rebuild thing...

Yea, lol thats why im looking for cheap mods, just stuff to make it look and perform alot better for the show. im thinking right now, of simply getting a $20 Cherry Bomb muffler, and cut off my cats, run a Y pipe to the single inlet muffler, and maby run duals after I take out my spare.... Think that'd work? Or is there any sensors after the cats?... (just a temp setup untill I can afford high flow cats, one of mine is broken)

Back