is there anyone?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

is there anyone??

If you can afford to, go ahead and get the skyjacker coils. You'll be happier with them then the spacers. You might want to replace your RA bushing while your in there.

i change my radius arm bushings like 4 months ago. i had gotten in an accident and the radius arm bracket bent so i got a new one and changed the bushing while i was in there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what will give me a 2"-2.5" lift in the rear????

autozone shackels, they are $20 and if you put a piece of pipe between them with a bolt squeesing them together to make an "H" shape then they are very strong. i use them and i am very happy. i jumped my X about a foot and a half in the air with them on there and they held up strong, it dident even land hard. it was actually a much softer landing then i thought it would be, almost like a dirtbike.

my explorer set up is 3` PA body lift, 2` Lift shackles in the rear(i forget what brand) and SkyJacker 2` Lift coils int he front, I run 35x14x15 tires and drive it everyday and trail it through mud water whatever whenever i have time. the 35's cleared no problems what-so-ever, just very minor trimming in the front inner fenders, but i ended up trimming my fenders up anyway all around for a little more clearance, i can e-mail you pics of the truck if you want

ps i ended up needing a steering stabilizer after all that so i went with the dual skyjacker kit which is NOT a bolt on kit for the explorer, just the ranger and bII

my explorer set up is 3` PA body lift, 2` Lift shackles in the rear(i forget what brand) and SkyJacker 2` Lift coils int he front, I run 35x14x15 tires and drive it everyday and trail it through mud water whatever whenever i have time. the 35's cleared no problems what-so-ever, just very minor trimming in the front inner fenders, but i ended up trimming my fenders up anyway all around for a little more clearance, i can e-mail you pics of the truck if you want

ps i ended up needing a steering stabilizer after all that so i went with the dual skyjacker kit which is NOT a bolt on kit for the explorer, just the ranger and bII

thanks for the info.
pics would be great my email is kaldonia19@hotmail.com
how does the dual stabilizer go on???

im at work til late right now i will e-mail you later tonight or in the morning, on the BII and the Ranger theres holes in the frame on the passenger side where the side mounting bracket can bolt to, on the explorer the holes arent there so you have to drill 2 holes throuhg the frame and at that, theres no way to get the dual system to work with a sway bar because its directly in the way on the explorer. Ive seen some on here do it but they set it back at a weird angle and its alot of hasle, regardless i drive my truck daily with out sway bars and i barely feel a differance as far as street driveability.

Back