Show off your exhaust! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your exhaust!

Reaction score
City, State
opelika alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 mercury mountaineer
I love playing around with the exhaust on full size trucks, but it is a different animal working on these smaller trucks. My friend liked the sound of my exhaust but wants a different look so I told him that I would get some help on the subject. Please post your exhaust pics and videos.:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here's the tail of my 2.3L with a 2 1/2" custom catback exhaust...
newexhaustys9.jpg

Way to work with a small space. I assume you welded the mufflers together? (I wouldn't want to imagine the rattle...)

Dixie whered you get that roof rack ive been looking to get one like that???

Cool thanks. Did you have to buy any of the other things it says to or does it fit without them?

Heres mine... StreetGlow LED tips, Flowmaster 40 muffler, removed 2 lower cats and single in dual out.

07DayPics032.jpg

07DayPics033.jpg

07DayPics034.jpg

Cool thanks. Did you have to buy any of the other things it says to or does it fit without them?

Yes, you have to buy the appropriate adapters.

nice, how big is that piping? Are you running a X or H pipe? Any cats removed?
Piping is 2.25" from the cats back. No X or H pipe right now. I'm thinking of changing the whole set up in the future anyways. I would like the tips to exit out the back on the outer sides of the leaf springs.

Ted, your truck looks awesome! You have some great ideas!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

th_Mountaineer.jpg

5.0 With a cone filter and just 4 cats.

Back