• Register Today It's free!

on a side note

arch stanton

Reaction score
City, State
hollady utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XL
couldent resist not wheelen a bit while down there before the tranny broke. and i messed up something in the suspension and ruined the front bearings. i guess i will be able to finally get my fist set of shocks. 190000 and stock suspension. for the last 6 months its clunked when turning into the drive way. but now it clunks LOUD when accelerating and stopping and just about everything else. so i guess its back to the shop tomarrow.

That clunk may be your radius arm bushings. They tend to wear out (passenger side mostly) Fairly easy fix if you have some simple tools and about 2hrs. Do a search on this site there are a few threads on this problem. Even a write up on the repair.

i looked at them a month ago when i noticed it and they appeared propper to my eye. cant see anything wrong but something is. got under and started pulling and tinkering with stuff and it appears to all be good. can the bearings make a loud and a significant lurch when they go out?

i read in a thread that a broken break pad is also a common reason for clunking noises. usually the inner pad.

Back