• Register Today It's free!

coil spacers

wet_willy

Reaction score
City, State
Portland OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 eddie bauer 4.0 4wd
has anyone thought about using a set of coil spacers? i was thinking about finding 1" spacers and getting 265/70R17 tires. i dont know much about the suspension on these rigs, but that combo should get 2 inches of lift, right? i was thinking that maybe coil spacers from a f150 or maybe a ranger. i dont want do do a body lift, and since no one makes a suspension lift, i am not sure what i am going to do. i really want to get 2 inches, and tires aren't going to cut it. whats are the possible problems with a spacer if i found some that are the right size?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

first, there are plenty of threads on here for lifts...just use the search button...here is a link to get you started but remember, search is your friend...
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187201

i have read the threads, but it seems like everyone is always just arguing about whether a body lift would work or not. i did try searching, i just haven't found anything defintive for 02+ explorers. i guess i am just going to wait and do a custom 1" body lift when i get back to oregon, and put the biggest tire i can fit. not sure what that will be though. thinking it should be 33's

disregard my previous post as that will not work for your truck...since you are updating your signature, are you 4x4 or 4x2??? search for torsion twist...there is a how to on here about it, aka tt, and shackles...i believe the post you are referring to are currently on the main board...if you use the forum page, go to the how to section...there should be alot of info on there and i believe thats where the torsion twist thread is...good luck and i'm sorry for sending you to the other thread...:D

its seems to already have a tt done, i went out and measured, there is only about a a half an inch difference front to back. i am going to level it off but i dont expect a noticable difference only lifting the front a half inch. i guess i didn't research this enough before buying it. would have gone for a sport trac. or kept the 98 2wd

although some people on here dont like when i mention this, theres an easy way to get two inches... i put two inch "lifted" springs on the front from coilsprings.com for 160... it gave me enough to make 32s (265/75/16) look good although they would have fit before... if u want to order them, ask for kevin cuz he was the one who helped me... once u get this done, make sure u get a wheel alignment to have ur camber and toe properly adjusted... helps extend the life of ur suspension

2456765_44_full.jpg

Back