Project X = Tires ??? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project X = Tires ???

ok, after posting on several boards, reading everything from craigslist to 4wheelparts.com, i am needing some help figuring out which tires would be best for my project X...the tire size is 35x12.50x15...the following are the tires i have found, and i'm needing some input on what would be good for both driving to and from the trails, and also on the trails...i have had bfg a/t's since they pretty much came out...the other models i don't personally know about, so thanks in advance...

1) bfg a/t's
2) bfg m/t's
3) bfg baja's
4) procomp m/t's
also 1 toyo tire lol...

5) Xterains i forgot to add...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dirtbro, where's pine mountain??? i think i've been there and thanks for the pics...;)

and thanks cyber, i like the tread on those...but for now i'm having a hard time saving for tires...work is ok and my spending has been radical, lol... usually i get tires first...but i did need to get my truck 4wd again...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks for posting those pics froader...uh, pine mountain is maybe 10-15 miles from frazier park, which is pretty much where the 5 crosses the grapevine...maybe 30 minutes from hungry valley...we are little mountain people...

oh oh oh, thats why it sounded familiar...i new it was close but kept confusing it with pine valley utah, lol...:scratch:

hanzo steel lives right by you...you should look him up...he is modding his 93 ranger...and was looking for someone close to go trailing with...:D

Stic-0, if you change your rim size to 17", I have a brand new set of MTR's sitting here at my office that need a good home. Interested?:D

and i could run them up to you stic-o ;)

Stic-0, if you change your rim size to 17", I have a brand new set of MTR's sitting here at my office that need a good home. Interested?:D

Not really, because I just ordered a spare wheel to match my others.:( However maybe Tbars would want wheels and tires:rolleyes: and there are a set of 17" steelies over on pirate cheap right now. I really not in a postion to put more money into the Ex right now. Butttt what did you have in mind Paul? :D

I could probbally call and cancel my spare order, god know it's not a cheap buying just one wheel and shipping

aw, c'mon stic-o, you can work a deal with paul and i can work a deal with you, lol...pauls shop is right by mine, kinda, and i can get them up to you...unless paul's are 35's??? but the day i was at his shop, the ones i seen were a little to big for my X...:D

Stic-o, I'll pm you on Monday. Right now I'm down in Tucson, AZ. The tire size are 37. We decided to go with 40" MTR's instead on 17" rim's, so the 37's are just sitting here.

:eek: :D :cool: :thumbsup: Your right Bill, they look massive, but very cool looking on the new redesign body.

Back