• Register Today It's free!

Blower motor

jamccor

Reaction score
City, State
Budd Lake, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer
I have a 1993 Explorer 2 door 4WD. I bought it used a few months back.
There are 2 problems I am having.
1)The blower just kicked out. Does anyone have pictures of where it is located so I can replace it?
2)Before the blower problem, I noticed that I have no A/C. How do I check to see if it has the old or new system?

Thanks
John

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Attachments

• SV2.JPG
    SV2.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,336

Thanks for the link and pictures! This helps alot
GOD Bless
John

I would make sure it was actually the blower motor before replacing.I could have sworn that was my problem becuase mine just suddenly died. My hubby and I removed it from from my SUV. Then my husband did some thing totally wacky using two stiff insulated wires attached to the battery {don't let them touch each other} of my SUV he touched the things on the blower motor that looked like a plug and the blower worked perfetly which means I have another problem. I probably wouldn't have thought to try this crazy thing he called a "feild test" but it did prove my blower motor was not the problem. So now I am on week-end two of my quest in search of my blowing problem {or more like the lack of blowing}. He thnk it is a switch I read on here some where that relays are noterious for messing up. I read your question and thought I would share with you my experience of last week-end.

Man and machine neither logical but combo seems to work, my hubby and I took resistor out I told hubby the blower didn't work any any setting but he decides to whacked it any way, relay he also whacked with a screw driver. . . hubby looses screw driver in motor while he retrieves screw driver from engine I tested the electrical connections to the blower motor it self . . . .power going to all . . .hubby complains about me testing all the electrical parts . . .okay isn't that way we took the bloomin thing apart? . while fussing at me resident man drops bolt in motor while he looks for 10mm bolt I decide to test switch remove outer stuff to access switch air conditioner switch . . . .after retrieving 10mm bolt from motor I turn the power on to test switch and notice blower now working . . . . . don't ask me how as it is illogical resident man must have reconnected some thing while looking for lost bolt or screw driver. . . shrug car back together only two extra pieces he removed from who knows he never remembers and air blower still working . . . .air conditioner working perfectly on all settings. Man and machine illogical beings. . . . but logical didn't solve this one. . . . I haven't a clue what did. . . .. must of been the man!

A lot of folks (in the past) have complained about the blower's relay.....so, check that too.

Aloha, Mark

98 Explorer V8- No A/C- will not blow in front, but will in rear

My 98's air stopped working the other day. I checked all the fuses but did not find any issues. My 1st thought is the blower motor, but don't want to do the work if it's not necessary. the air will blow in the rear, but it is not cold.

How can I test the blower motor?

Any thoughts?

Test the connector with a test light to see if the motor is getting electricity. You could test the motor directly with 2 jumper wires connected to the battery. Keep in mind that the motor might still work while it's in your hand, but not while it's connected to the vehicle. The motor might be held in a diffferent position which would cause more weight to press against an internal brush. The test cables might also be able to supply more current. I have a blower motor which works off of a booster pack, but won't work when plugged into the vehicle.

A/C works in rear not in front

Well I checked over all my fuses again and lastly pulled out my blower motor. I hooked it up once i removed it , all the sudden it works. I re-installed thinking maybe the blend door was not opening,pulled down the glove box and everything is working fine. But the blower motor was not working once again. I heard that they sometimes can get stuck at a point and they wont work but a little push could get it moving again. Anyone else heard of this?

could the motor have a intermittent problem , should I go ahead and remove and replace?

I heard that they sometimes can get stuck at a point and they wont work but a little push could get it moving again. Anyone else heard of this?
Yes.....now imagine.

You tap the side of a motor with a "light touch" of a hammer. Then, the motor works again. Humm......yes, it works again. Happens, that I'm talking about your starter motor. But, the same principle applies.

So.....what is it telling you?

Either......"thanks, I needed that," or "I will soon fail, so beware."

Do you want to change it now? Or do you feel lucky?

But, check the power at the terminals......IMHO, just to be sure.

Aloha, Mark

Well I checked over all my fuses again and lastly pulled out my blower motor. I hooked it up once i removed it , all the sudden it works. I re-installed thinking maybe the blend door was not opening,pulled down the glove box and everything is working fine. But the blower motor was not working once again. I heard that they sometimes can get stuck at a point and they wont work but a little push could get it moving again. Anyone else heard of this?

could the motor have a intermittent problem , should I go ahead and remove and replace?

That was the symptom of my failure, I'd go over a speed bump and it would work. Then I would have to hit the dash. Finally I changed it and it now works fine. Simple fix.

Back