interesting lift news | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

interesting lift news

...well, if you are going to get new shocks all around or just the steering stabiliser for this setup, i would suggest procomps from 4wheelparts.com or their local store...
...the reason i say this is they always have sales on them like get 4 shocks and the stabilizer is free...they also have a lifetime warranty on their shocks...:D
...just my opinion though., and i say this as your current shocks have 2" less of travel now..the trick is to find the one's that you like...;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...well, if you are going to get new shocks all around or just the steering stabiliser for this setup, i would suggest procomps from 4wheelparts.com or their local store...
...the reason i say this is they always have sales on them like get 4 shocks and the stabilizer is free...they also have a lifetime warranty on their shocks...:D
...just my opinion though...the trick is to find the one's that you like...;)

well, ive got monroe reflex shocks on it now, they ride excellent at the moment, havent given me any trouble yet. i might try out procomp, considering they are designed for offroad use lol

Well thanks alot to you James and Tbars. I'm going to sears from now on.

they also have a lifetime warranty on their shocks...
What?! I didn't know that. In another thread i was just talking about how a particular 4wheel parts store screwed me over big time, and to "help" me out they replaced my shocks for free. Ooo how generous of them. :fire::frustrate

By the way, 4wheel parts of Van Nuys, CA was the shop that recommended replacing the spindles because they couldn't get it in alignment with the old ones to stop eating up my tires, but they couldnt get it in alignment with the new ones either. I recently finally got it aligned at an independent shop w/o problems, but now am out the price of a set of spindles and the cost of labor. I think my original ones weren't even bent at all, oh well, you live and you learn. Just FYI, stay away from that 4WP store!!

... i haven't read their warranty in a couple months but it is a limited lifetime warranty of course...if it isn't beat up they will exchange it...i believe that when you buy from them it goes on the computer referenced to your vehicle...now if i could only sweet talk them into replacing the stabilizer i thrashed on my project X, now that would be a warranty, lol...:D

...btw, that is only procomp shocks and i would not have any of them work on a truck for me...i don't know how many times i've been in there when someone had a major and legitimate complaint about service...but procomp parts and such to me is the main reason i buy from them...;)

steering stabalizer will only hide your bump steer not correct it. look into other options, i have superrunner steering set up with no steering issues at all. upgraded from a torn up stabilizer...

steering stabalizer will only hide your bump steer not correct it. look into other options, i have superrunner steering set up with no steering issues at all. upgraded from a torn up stabilizer...

the superrunner steering and superrunner lift will be the next pricey option. i want the extended radius arms :D its more if a very slight side to side shimmy through my steering wheel. there isnt any bump steer thank god :p: btw, the way sears works; ***** at em enough, they will give you whatever you want. we had a lady ***** and complain about her car taking too long to put tires on, my boss GAVE AWAY a 700+ dollar set of michelin cross terrains.

hey costman, how do the 4.56s in your rig ride on the highway? im curious as to how bad my gas mileage might suck bc i travel on the highway quite a bit, and dont wanna over-do it on the gear

hey costman, how do the 4.56s in your rig ride on the highway? im curious as to how bad my gas mileage might suck bc i travel on the highway quite a bit, and dont wanna over-do it on the gear

IMO, 4.56's are too much for the 33's on the road. they are great off road but not for the highway. and it throws your speedo off by about 15-20mph, so i have nooo clue how fast im going. i figure about 60-65 at around 2500RPM which isnt too bad i guess?? i will never buy another set of 33's thats for sure, my next set is definately going to be 35's. this will be much better on the road but not as good off, i am willing to give a little for that.

the radius arms was definatley the best mod!! gives a much better on road ride and much better articulation off road! i say do IT :D !

WOOOOOPS:D ! didnt realize my brother was still loged in.....

what would be your option for gears then? i do quite a bit of hwy driving, 70-80 mph. i still want decent low end torque. this rig used to be a dog enough with 3.27s on stock tires.

...you should be fine with 4.10's...4.56's are good when you are running 35's...just don't forget to regear your speedo...;)

I would go 4.56 with 33s. You'll still be able to roll 70-80mph without the RPMs getting too high. I had my old one that way until I got 35s. Now with the 35s, I wish I was geared lower.

4.56s it is :D if all else fails and its too low for my taste, i throw 100 dollars for a body lift and go 35s lol. finally a clearer set of pics :D
DSC00643.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00641.jpg

...i think we created another monster...the bug has bit him too ...:D

:D hey what can i say, **** happens lol

if i were just driving on the road all the time i would go with 4.10's and not 4.56's. i think you will find that 4.10's will be more comfortable on the freeway.

...you should be fine with 4.10's...4.56's are good when you are running 35's...just don't forget to regear your speedo...;)

anybody have ideas for regearing the speedo?? i know you could get a larger gear from the dealer?? but are there any otheroptions other than that or GPS?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if i were just driving on the road all the time i would go with 4.10's and not 4.56's. i think you will find that 4.10's will be more comfortable on the freeway.

well, its going to be a lot of highway/road driving. about 80% road, 20 offroad. so 4.10s should be best? as long as it gets better than 11 mpg like its been getting :p

Back