• Register Today It's free!

02 air bag light out??

bel4_20

Reaction score
City, State
Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ExplorerXLT V8
Well guys I have a question regarding my air bag light it's been on for months (at least 6) with the code 33 (I believe) pass side pretension seat belt code. I have tried all the "fixes" from this site with regards to this problem with no luck. oddly enough for the past week and a bit the light has not came back on? is it possible to fix itself? being a mechanic but haven't done it for a living for 6 years I know it's not possible. any one know what could of happened here? not that Im complaining it just was one thing on my list to fix.

TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

does the light come on when you turn the key to RUN before you start the engine??

Yup, it's on so my bulb is not burned out.

you'll love this, was your vehicle produced before 03/2002 or 03/2002 onward?? there are different proceedures depending on production date.

in either case, you are suppose to use a Restraint System Diagnostic Tool.

i would do an Ohms check on the driver's side and on the passenger side pretensioners. see if they are different. if so, try to find a Pass side one at a salvage yard(don't forget your multimeter).

dont forget to deactivate the system before you start working on it.

the wire colors for pass side are LG/BK and LG/RD.
the wire colors for driver side are the same as pass.

again, though i'm sure you know - dont forget to deactivate the system before you start working on it.

Back