Jurassic Park...The SUV! | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jurassic Park...The SUV!

Alright so some of you know Ive been painting my truck the last week, and I was going to wait to show it off at T-haven...But I know you all can't wait and I'm to proud of my hard work:D

So here are some pictures I took with my cell phone.

JP_Truck_High.jpg

JP_Truck_Side.jpg

Still have more to do, need to remount the front bumper, wetsand the whole truck and put on the JP logos when they get here..

The entire paint job was done using a $10 air sprayer from Harbor Freight and Rustoleum paint. The green I actually custom made, as no color was available like that.;)

Here is the original...in case you forgot:p:
(dead link)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My neighbor today asked me today...

"is that a real truck from the movie?"

:wtf:

I guess that's a compliment:scratch:

I think the proper response would have been; "Are you stupid or something?" Then he could have done a Forest Gump reply; "No Sir, I do not believe so."

He must have seen you rig parked there before you went insane with the paint, so the only conclusion that can be reached from his question is that he is a complete idiot.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

It did in Evolution! :D Kaa kahh! :p:

I thought we determined that Kaa Kahh and Tookie Tookie wasn't working!

Jeff - :navajo:

Step aside I'll shoot him!

Because I know you all can't wait till daylight!:p:

Hood, not perfect, but I don't really care anymore:rolleyes: I just want to drive it...and see peoples faces:D
hoodlogo.jpg

Lucka numba se7en!:p:
number7.jpg

and lets not forget my cool new neon sign I picked up:cool:
jpbeer.jpg

Guess what you're going to be for Holloween.. a freaking Raptor :D. Its perfect, drive you're Explorer around in a Raptor suit.

You went right up against the wall with that bumber didn't you?

Sweet nightlight, btw.

LOL perfect.. 10 hrs left on the auction, make sure you dont miss it!

If a cop tries to pull you over, stick your middle talon up at him (shouldnt be very difficult, you only have 3 talons per hand ;)) and lead him to some rough terrain.

You went right up against the wall with that bumber didn't you?

It's pretty much the only way it fits in the 1 car garage. If I would not gotten rid of my bumper with the spare tire carrier, it would never fit. As of right now I have about 4-5" till the garage door, with no rear bumper. So I have to build one in that, and my 37" spare, will have to go inside...:rolleyes: which will take up the whole cargo area.:(

Sweet!....I just read this thread from start to finish..including the Jeep thread on another site...

I like them both!....but I'm partial to the X....of course

Awesome...now you just have to buy that Raptor Costume...

Ryan

Stic-o, when are you leaving t haven? every one is at least staying saturday night right? i want to get some pictures of that thing!

sickness. i should also say that the new bumper is friggin' ****.

^^^^ Oh that's perfect :thumbsup:

So wassa matter with the hood? Looks good in the pic. Don't tell me someone forgot how to spell again?:p:

(j/k) MountaineerGreen

So wassa matter with the hood? Looks good in the pic. Don't tell me someone forgot how to spell again?:p:

(j/k) MountaineerGreen

No, no, Evan did great, got the stickers when I needed them here, and even though we had some hic-ups like a mispelled word, he toataly made it right. With out him I would never been able to do this project:thumbsup: ;)

The problem cause is I just want it done, and I'm tired of messing with the paint job that's just going to have a ton of scratches in a week:rolleyes: Even advised me to put the sticker on wet, and I'm stuborn and put it on dry....AGAIN!:banghead: So it, didnt go on exsactly where I wanted it (about 1/8" off on one side) and it got alot of creases in it which I did my best to fix. I still need to paint the inside of the letters on the side which looks like a huge!!! time monster, because there is so much taping off to do(3-4 hrs. each side). or I was going to try to airbrush it on...but I've never used a airbrush in my life...but hey never painted a truck before either:p:

went to the store came back to find this in front of the house
jpark_small.jpg

I guess we found what happened to the Jurrasic Park Explorers!

That is ridiculously awesome.

Yeah, I definitely advise to apply large decals using the wet method- putting them on dry is a huge pain and difficult to get just right.

As for the creases- try a heat gun- heat the crease, most of the time it will shrink up and all but disappear. If it doesn't do it on its own, heat it wet your finger and rub it down. Don't over heat it, the low setting on most heat guns is about right and only for a few seconds. A $15 heat gun will do wonders.

Truck looks awesome- I'd seriously consider taking up air brushing- it can't be that hard.

Back