All lifted 3rd Gens, post them up here. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All lifted 3rd Gens, post them up here.

awdrocks

Reaction score
City, State
Cancun
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie B.
I wanted to make a thread of all the lifted 3rd gens out there. It would be nice to be able to see them all in one concentrated thread.

Here is my first contribution. I spotted this one on my way home from work the other day, SoCal:

Xlifted3.jpg

Xlifted2.jpg

Xlifted4.jpg

Explorerlifted1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im sure alot of people have seen my explorer close to around 5 trillion times but i have altered the suspension as many of u kno... sorry if i bust anyones balls posting here

2456765_44_full.jpg

I wanted to make a thread of all the lifted 3rd gens out there. It would be nice to be able to see them all in one concentrated thread.

Here is my first contribution. I spotted this one on my way home from work the other day, SoCal:

Xlifted3.jpg

Damn I'm on the 78 almost everyday and I've never seen one :( haha. That thing looks pretty sick.:thumbsup:

You can tell by the rims...It's one of the ex's from "BAD"Guys Auto Sales.

They use the same damn rims on every truck. Either the crappy chrome ones or the black ones.

im sure alot of people have seen my explorer close to around 5 trillion times but i have altered the suspension as many of u kno... sorry if i bust anyones balls posting here

2456765_44_full.jpg

Hmmmmmmm. Never seen this one before!

my balls are officially busted

Big apple, you just used springs and shocks right? The reason I ask is I need new shocks and if I can buy some that may give me a lift in the front that would be great. My back is already quite high so I just want to level it out. Any suggestions on brand and type would be great!!!!

Big apple, you just used springs and shocks right? The reason I ask is I need new shocks and if I can buy some that may give me a lift in the front that would be great. My back is already quite high so I just want to level it out. Any suggestions on brand and type would be great!!!!

well if rancho doesnt have the "quicklift" strut fully released (and they look expensive), u can do like i did and go to coilsprings.com... i used my stock shock absorbers and bought stronger springs that created more resistance in the front... they use ur stock OEM number off ur spring and make a custom fit... it worked well for me and i like the look over stock

What did that run you $$$$$? I'm considering the Rancho quick lift but yeah not to sure if 2 inches is worth $800+ although I do want a lift bad.

What did that run you $$$$$? I'm considering the Rancho quick lift but yeah not to sure if 2 inches is worth $800+ although I do want a lift bad.

160 bux with 20 bux shipping to baton rouge (from texas)... very good deal if u ask me

at the offroad expo i took a picture of a new expedition with a suspension lift, drop down brackets front and rear. i'll try to get the picture off my buddies camera because it is an interesting looking rear.

at the offroad expo i took a picture of a new expedition with a suspension lift, drop down brackets front and rear. i'll try to get the picture off my buddies camera because it is an interesting looking rear.

yea rize industries makes a lift for the expedition... they said its their first all wheel independent suspension lift... its pretty cool looking... go to rizeindustries.com and check out the pics

yeah i just checked out their site and that's the kit i saw, the front end looked pretty beefy as far as the arms go, but idk that particular lift is a little too bling bling for me.

yeah you know that is exactly what I thought looking at it, it looks too much like something that would be sitting on the showroom floor. Too much shine not enough scratches.

why doesnt someone just make a coil spring spacer...i mean ik its not the best solution but it seems like itd be fairly easy compared to the other options

What are there only two gen3's on the planet that are lifted ?!?! :scratch:

why doesnt someone just make a coil spring spacer...i mean ik its not the best solution but it seems like itd be fairly easy compared to the other options

idk y they dont have them for the front end but i think they dont have them for the rear suspension because of the CV shafts thru the holes in the frame... they dont want to have to be held liable if something goes wrong... they should have them for the front tho

3rd gens looks badass lifted. That black one is sweet. Even if is a body lift it looks cool street truck. WHy would you get a 2" susp lift for $800? what does it do for the 3rd gen? It doesnt add any suspension travel does it? WHy not just go buy a 3" body lift, and rock sliders/side steps, and paint the frame ultra flat black so its not as noticeable. I can see spending like $200 like bigapple but not $800 for something only us explorer people would notice.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey I think I captured a UFO on the second pic :)

Back