Pine Barrens/South Jersey run - Mid/late November | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pine Barrens/South Jersey run - Mid/late November

Paraphoe

Go big or go home
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Willow Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
OK, so I gave Wharton a call, and wheeling in the Barrens is free. You just show up and do your thing. The woman did say, however, that you share the trail with hikers and horseback riders, which seems bizarre and no fun to me, so if anyone knows anymore about the Barrens or has been there in the past, and can chime in and help out with trails, that would be awesome. Otherwise, we can just show up at one of the offices, grab a trail map, and head out. Who's down?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

me

I'm headin to Wharten State Forrest on Sunday November 4th for some trail riding.

Im going with a few Ford Rangers and trying to get two of my buds to come ( 1 jeep wrangler and the others a dodge 1500)

Anyone else interested in meeting us down there?

Hmmm...that could work.

Haha, alright then, I'm gonna need some more details. :D What level are all of the guys you're with at? The trails aren't rated, but are they all basically green-level? From what I looked up, it seems like they're mostly dirt roads with a lot of mud and water crossings and whatnot, and not much rock crawling stuff.

yea its mostly dirt paths that lead into areas that have mud holes to try and hills/obstacles to try.

Looks like there's a few rangers with tires ranging from 31s to 33's. My friend has a lifted jeep wrangler on 31s. Other friend has a lifted dodge 1500 but only has 33s. Im running 8" lift and 37s on my chevy. And im trying to get my other friend with a lifted F350 and 38s to come.

It's going to be a good time- i promise :salute:

Alright, I'm tentatively in. Gotta make sure all my crap in school and with my truck is squared away for then. Keep me posted on any developments.

we're going- November 4th

Meeting 9:30 - 10:00. Plan to be on the trails at 10:30

Ill update you if it gets canceled. If you decide to go, send me an Email or PM with your #

CBs are also good to have, if you dont already have one

Count me in if Paraphoe is going ill be hitchiking with him :thumbsup: and helping him get the truck ready for it and everything i don't have the time or money to get mine ready and breathing properly but you can count me in and ill be more then glad to buy a couple beers for people afterwards :chug:

Got a CB and front and rear tow points, so I'm set with that. Do you guys enter the trails near one of the offices?

not sure where we are entering the trails at. Last time i was there was years ago with my explorer.

A few of the ranger guys we're going with are Wharton locals that are familiar with the area... so im basically following their lead

Alright, good deal. I'll check back on this thread often. Should be good for that day though.

I might be down for this....
Dan

I don't think I can make it now. Got some stupid bullshit to do for a class that day. If you guys end up changing the date, keep me updated, otherwise I'll prolly end up doing a separate run late November (which you're welcome to come to).

trail

i might be down,i got a 92 xlt 4x4 with some mickey thomspon baja radial mtx 30x9.50's

Well I would love to go but unfortunatley since Paraphoe isn't going now neither am I, My rig is up and running but I'm not trusting it just yet in the water and the swamps. suposivley if there was a place to park my truck and one of you wouldn't mind having a companion I might think of going with someone I just like the expierience!!!

you should come.

#1 im sure we'll have room in one of the trucks for you to tag along

#2 I was told we're going through VERY EASY stuff. There are openings that have mud holes that people can play in- and it should be all easy stuff to get back there. From what I understand, some of these rangers are barely modified. Actually i know that for a fact, my buddies ranger is only on 31x10.5 BFG ATs and he has an open rear

im all stock minus the 32s....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What time are you guys getting there..

Back