looking for and found 2WD spindle lift, any advice? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

looking for and found 2WD spindle lift, any advice?

bobdreadknot

swimming in chicken eggs
Reaction score
City, State
Camp Pendleton, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 sport
http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/subpages/pro_comp_liftkits_ford5.htm

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/EPC5217.htm

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...0052861/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:10000018643410052861

so heres the three i found so far, jc whitney used to have it for the 98 explorer but now that iv gotten around to getting it, it says it not. the other two i would like to have a few of you look at and refer me to the best one, or if you found one i dont have listed that would work, ebay has them, but i read an earlier post that those were pretty shady.

Jon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Avoid truck addons. I've heard some horror stories about them.

All of the lift's you are looking at are Pro-Comp lifts. I was thinking Pro-Comp had discontinued the one for 95 & up Explorers.

i was afraid of that hahaha thanks

how much are you looking to spend?? Ive seen a few camburg 6.0 kits for sale for 700-800$. Those are the best of the best when it comes to spindle lifts. And no more upper ball joint to worry about replacing.

thats in my price range, is it just a pull off one and put on the new one kind of deal or am i going to be grinding parts to fit hahaha, im looking at every angle right now, i got a possable buy on a used pair, but id love to see what your talking about.

Try this, just bought them waiting to put them in. These are the manufacturer of the ProComp spindle....http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/9.asp

i took a look at them, it says not for pre runner applicatoin, i dont know if that means i cant wheel it or what. not sure on that. i like the price, thats way lower than the orignal one :)

I have the fabtech's on mine right now and they are ok. The camburg kit is a simple install. Remove the old parts and install the new. And that will get you the lift you want and the strength and quality of camburg parts. And an added plus of that kit is i know a guy who does awesome fabwork who can do a coilover conversion and youd have a really nice front setup.

have the link to it, i found the camburg spindle but its for a 97 not the 98.

The lift has to be for the ford ranger edge. Any year for the ranger edge will work. Non edge rangers are coil spring, the ranger edge is torsion bar like our explorers. the only one i can find is kinda pricey but it does include new lowers setup for fox 2.0 shocks. But the guy wants like 1300 for it. Ill keep looking for you though, im sure there's one out there.

hello buddy
::)
how is it goin? still in cali?
i had procomp spindle on mine.. hehehe.. use b rated torsion bar, run 35s. no problem man.

swak! buddy! whats up, im in a pickle, i need a lift and bad hahaha. cali is fine, but in iraq right now, (again hahaha) well i had an offer to buy someones but they havnt gotten back to me, the guy that flipped his truck, guess they took it or something. ill kill a man for a spindle lift at this point :eek:

is there a difference in a 99 explorer IFS and a 98?

breaking things is becoming out of the question, got married, had a kid and going to college hahahaha. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If i were you if look into the fabtech spindles. Thats what i have and ive beat mine pretty good and theyve held up fine. They dont make them for explorers anymore but look for the Ranger Edge ones.

also if you can find the procomp ones those will work also.

Back