whos has tried this and did it work? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

whos has tried this and did it work?

Mud flinger

Reaction score
City, State
Reading PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
has anyone tried to use a body lift from a sport trac on there XLT

Also has anyone found a leveling kit that will work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

has anyone tried to use a body lift from a sport trac on there XLT

Also has anyone found a leveling kit that will work.

yes theres actually a custom way to do it.... i went to coilsprings.com and ordered custom 2 inch "lifted" springs for the front... looks much better with the extra space... 160 bux and 20 bux shipping to baton rouge... pretty good deal... once u have this done make sure u get ur wheels aligned and camber and toe adjusted to keep ur tire wear normal... heres the result

2456765_46_full.jpg

2456765_44_full.jpg

I ordered a block leveling kit. raises 3 inches in the front and 1 inch in the rear. I also ordered a 3 inch body lift, that i will try to fit on there.

I ordered a block leveling kit. raises 3 inches in the front and 1 inch in the rear. I also ordered a 3 inch body lift, that i will try to fit on there.

where did u order ur stuff? cause as far as i looked, i never found any spacer lift that fit the coilover for the explorer... i called every site and the only solution was a custom set of springs

I actually ordered it from a local parts store, I will check the name when i get home.

hey so did that block set work?

Old thread....eek.

My guess would be no. Block kits are made for leaf springs not coils.

Back