Headers | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Headers

jba's are like retarded expensive. so i think im gona go with the pace setters

Don't say they didn't warn you. I'm actually WAITING for Gibson to re-release thier line of headers for the 4.0.

That or if i could find a full Borla system i'd slap my Gibson on the trail rig.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welllllll i have hedmans on my rig, and they leaked until i took them to a machine shop and had the mounting flanges machined flat. their welds to the flanges suck, and thats why they leak. i run stock manifold gaskets on them, and after about 8k on them, they are holding up fine now :)

jba's are like retarded expensive. so i think im gona go with the pace setters

No they are not. How about $1200 for a set for my Acura! Comptech.

tm dont make headers for 4.0l do they? though it was just for the 5.0

TM = 5.0L only.

And from what I can tell, if TM were to make a Header for the 4.0L OHV, it would cost just as much as the JBA's. And people are already complaining about that price.

Ryan

so besides the sucky flanges on the heddmans how do they perform? getting them machined is no problem for me i can do that in like two seconds

so besides the sucky flanges on the heddmans how do they perform? getting them machined is no problem for me i can do that in like two seconds
hell i like em. i took them to a machine shop and had the flanges milled down flat, costed like 20-30 dollars or something. the collector bolts kept backing loose, so i welded the nuts to the bolts, other then that they are doing fine. I couldn't really tell you how just the headers perform, i added them when i redid my entire engine, pistons, cam, head work, etc.

For the heddman's make sure they have the EGR fittings. The 92 doesn't have egr, but the 94 does. So they may only fit up to 92.

they say they're only made for 92 and up. they set up for egr and dual 02 sensors

I have ceramic coated BBK's and they are great. They have thick flanges and fit well. They have bungs for egr, and dual o2 sensors, The bungs came with threaded plugs.

Yea the heddmans are also set up for egr and dual O2's but mine doesnt have an egr and only one O2 so I plugged the holes and welded in another O2 bung. So just about any machine shop will be able to machine the flanges? That will save me from having to buy another set of headers.

odd. mine only had the extra O2 fitting, no egr. oh well haha, didn't need it anyway thank goodness

Back