Any SAS'ers fab a sway bar?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any SAS'ers fab a sway bar??

Here's a good image showing what a rig with anti-sway bars can do.

acb.jpg

Without anti-sway bars, such a rig would have a very difficult time on that incline - if not already rolled over.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmmm for some reason the image is not loading from pirate :scratch:
But if I pull it up in a browser it works.

Ah thanks FROADER

How would a stock front sway bar work for an sas'd rig? Is it too stiff?

It's got to be too thick, if you read the link that IZ posted it talkes about nothing over 3/4" for a front bar on an off road truck. Of course that would all depend on the weight of the vehicle. Maybe you could take the smaller rear bar from a donor ex and mod it to fit up front :dunno:

Well the front sway bar is hollow (at least it is on the 2nd gen). The rear is solid. So the two will behave a little differently.

dang i def need some sway bars after seeing that pic..could we not use a stock sway bar from an XJ and fab it up for use on the X??

You can fab up anything babe ;) Just make sure its long enough to go outside of the frame rails.

Well the front sway bar is hollow (at least it is on the 2nd gen). The rear is solid. So the two will behave a little differently.

HOLLOW ?!?!?! WHA!!! TH.... :eek:
Plastic intakes, hollow sway bars, next your going to tell me that the leather seats are actually pleather recycled from the 80's zipper pants.

HOLLOW ?!?!?! WHA!!! TH.... :eek:
Plastic intakes, hollow sway bars, next your going to tell me that the leather seats are actually pleather recycled from the 80's zipper pants.

lol..with the way they build cars these days i wouldnt be surprised..

I'm working on a front swaybar now... dont know how well its gonna work... still gotta finish the disco's....

I'm using an f-350 4wd sway bar. None of the sway bars mounted on thefront will work for me as my steering linkages are in the way....along with a front hitch/skidplate.

Back