All lifted 3rd Gens, post them up here. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All lifted 3rd Gens, post them up here.

Nah.. That's just Uranus :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok well we may have somethin..

i have a friend at school whose dad does custom trucks etc and owns a shop..

he was sayin he may be able to get me a 3 in bl and fab up a bracket for the bumper etc..

only things...
1. i have a mountaineer ..u think thatd still look good?

2. i gotta save the $$$ hahah

i mean i dont wanna be ridin around on stock rims/tires with a 3 inch lift

and the main one....

3. might be gettin a z71 for xmas :)

only things...
1. i have a mountaineer ..u think thatd still look good?

Whatdya Mean?!?!?! A Mountaineer ? That'll look way better than an explorer !!! :thumbsup:

:D

[narrator] open can of worms in 3.. 2.. 1.. [/narrator]

here is our lifted X all the way down here in Australia, about 1.5" front and rear
Scotty

the 1st time I've been able to upload a picture on here, now I'll have to wash it and take some more pics to put up here. The rims are the standard ones for the last examples to come here, they are 17x7.5 fitted with 245/65, I plan to go to 265/70 which will give me another inch in height.
Scotty

just got done

i went and did what bigapple did and here is my 2.5" lift in the front with my 265/75/16 firestone destination m/t
mybaby.jpg

i went and did what bigapple did and here is my 2.5" lift in the front with my 265/75/16 firestone destination m/t
mybaby.jpg

have u had a stiffer ride at all? mine seems like its a bit stiffer but not enough to tell... i guess i notice so much because my ball joints are busted and r very loud when the control arms flex... thats probably my problem

it is stiffer and i think i like it that way, as for the ball joints, i dont think any explorer that came off assembly doesn't suffer from that problem.

it is stiffer and i think i like it that way, as for the ball joints, i dont think any explorer that came off assembly doesn't suffer from that problem.

well i think its because the guys that installed it used one of those air-compressed fork deals... it must have busted the rubber boot around it and let the oil out

mybaby.jpg

That's a mighty fine looking truck ya got there. :D I really like the tires, they make it look ultra tough. I'll have to send my dad that one, He has an 02 and I'm trying to get him hooked.

Wow!

Impressive! That is pretty sweet! Any issues at all? I only did 1.5 :( Yours looks much nicer, and the tires are incredible :thumbsup: Howya feel driving?

it came with some oem side steps but they just got in the way when i tried to get in so i took them off, but now it looks like i may have to put them back on... umm no big issues, thought i would have at least one, not that im hopeing for one ;), driving it around town...hasn't even been a day yet and i already got two compliments just driving around on a main street... so this is pretty cool...:cool:

It's just the beginning!

From here, it won't stop until everything is just right! That's what really makes these vehicles so much of a prize, they look great all the time! :D

You did a great job there! I'm adding the rears 1.5" - but might add that 1" coil spacer based on how yours looks... Man! That is nice!

That's a mighty fine looking truck ya got there. I really like the tires, they make it look ultra tough.

I agree!

I'll have to send my dad that one, He has an 02 and I'm trying to get him hooked.

And me too.

Looks better without the running boards. Took mine off the Expedition.

when i did this two years ago, i removed my running boards too... made it look much taller... trust me i put them back on to see if they would look ok and they dont... makes it look smaller... id leave them off if i was u

Rims?

Any plans for the rims?

Where do you get the Coil spacers? and did you lift the back too?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no coil spacers, different coils from coilsprings.com and i didn't need to lift the back for the "level look" i was going for... as for rims there gonna have to wait a bit cuz im running out of funding money, only had enough for the two front springs, some cool tires, a fuelfilter job and a k&n intake(in the mail)

Back