All lifted 3rd Gens, post them up here. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All lifted 3rd Gens, post them up here.

how much did those coils cost u? do the do it by car or buy the amount of lift?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

umm...well when i did it i told them that i needed 2.5" of lift in the front and then he asked me a series of other questions like any added weight and spring rate, etc... and all of that is the base for your price, my set was 190 plus 20 shipping to cali from i think kansas and took a little under 3 weeks... which is better than waiting indefinetly for the rancho quicklift and paying twice as much.

$190.00

umm...well when i did it i told them that i needed 2.5" of lift in the front and then he asked me a series of other questions like any added weight and spring rate, etc... and all of that is the base for your price, my set was 190 plus 20 shipping to cali from i think kansas and took a little under 3 weeks... which is better than waiting indefinetly for the rancho quicklift and paying twice as much.

I paid just a little more for the xlt springs, just a tad more :eek: wonder why? coilsprings.com with your existing struts achieve the same thing as QL would - only QL is a no show.

did you have to adjust your headlights downward any?

does a creator of a trend get temporary elite status? ive seen others get it for small things but this seems to be something everyone was toying with and couldnt figure out till i mentioned the discovery of coilsprings.com

If so, my vote is with you!

does a creator of a trend get temporary elite status? ive seen others get it for small things but this seems to be something everyone was toying with and couldnt figure out till i mentioned the discovery of coilsprings.com

1 vote :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'll vote for that. Probably saved several 3rd Gen owners a lot of waiting (rancho) and few hundred bucks. :thumbsup:

coilsprings.com should give bigapple commission, too!

third vote for bigapple :thumbsup:, and my headlights do need to be adjusted a bit cuz im beaming everyone in the eyes, but i see it as a wierd payback for the years i spent looking into theirs cuz my explorers nose dipped down really far before.

Planting 3seeds - that looks great!
Have you noticed any drivability issues? I'm wondering about the other post that discussed the bigger tires affecting the transfer case and transmission shift points.
Also, have you had a chance to see if your suspension artictulation is better or worse?
I'm very interested in knowing your drivability experiences so far.

Also - kudo's to Bigapple for starting the trend!

i appreciate everyones backup... i just hope yall enjoy the springs as much or more than me when u give them some rugged testing... let me kno how they go

There are no coil-springs spacers available for 2002-2005 explorers ?? or any other which could be adapted for it??

Freeway and mountains... / JCWhitney.com

i appreciate everyones backup... i just hope yall enjoy the springs as much or more than me when u give them some rugged testing... let me kno how they go

There are no coil-springs spacers available for 2002-2005 explorers ?? or any other which could be adapted for it??

There is almost nothing that compares to the condition of many of the freeways/expressways in CA - They beat up your suspension. The coils survived, and so did the Ex. The rears have been ordered and will be installed soon... :cool:

JCWhitney.com sells coil spring spacers for 02-05 Exs. I have a box here with me now... They are durable, some have called them cheap, but they are not... It is recommended that you replace them, they are not permanent - neither are the struts - :)

The explorer in the 1st page is deff a body lift!! look how low the exhuast pipe is compared to the bumper. then compare it to yours

so far all i noticed is the ride is just a bit stiffer, i dont really drive fwy or anything all that much, but im actually goint up to Tehachapi, CA this coming week to do some serious off road with a buddy of mine so i will probably be able to answer these question better. there is a long hwy route getting there, "grape vine hill" for those of you who live in so cal. and then a whole lot of "dirt-rally worthy" roads to get to the house were staying at. so ill take notes of how everything does on the way and then post a write up of my findings when i get back.

The explorer in the 1st page is deff a body lift!! look how low the exhuast pipe is compared to the bumper. then compare it to yours

well this thread is just generally for lifted explorers, not specifically body lifted ones... thats a fabbed lift cuz no one else has been able to track it or figure out what it is or who makes it

There is almost nothing that compares to the condition of many of the freeways/expressways in CA - They beat up your suspension. The coils survived, and so did the Ex. The rears have been ordered and will be installed soon... :cool:

JCWhitney.com sells coil spring spacers for 02-05 Exs. I have a box here with me now... They are durable, some have called them cheap, but they are not... It is recommended that you replace them, they are not permanent - neither are the struts - :)

Donner, I am looking forward to your opinions on the coil spring spacers after you install them. I'm thinking of getting them for the rear and getting 2 1/2" springs from coilsprings.com for the front. Also, do you know if it's possible to use 2 of those spacers on one spring, one on the top and one on the bottom?

Hello!

Donner, I am looking forward to your opinions on the coil spring spacers after you install them. I'm thinking of getting them for the rear and getting 2 1/2" springs from coilsprings.com for the front. Also, do you know if it's possible to use 2 of those spacers on one spring, one on the top and one on the bottom?

Thanks, if you do coil springs, you should max out with their sizes. I'm not so sure that I'll add the spacers (you can only add 1 per coil). Mine are an option because I only did 1.5. :cool: You don't need spacers after the 2.5 (and 3.0 is the max, I believe) otherwise you could harm the 3rd gen suspension.

So far I only have the front set, I wanted to test them. They passed with flying colors! :D The rears will be here by the end of the month.

We found out... I'm still eating crow.

well this thread is just generally for lifted explorers, not specifically body lifted ones... thats a fabbed lift cuz no one else has been able to track it or figure out what it is or who makes it

Hi Tech Customs in San Diego area... They do a 2" suspension and a 3" body lift.

hi guys im new here, so il begin with this is there a lift kit to suit a 2004 xlt explorer? here in australia there is none at all they say it cant be done as the axels go thru the chassis.but i think its because there not into ford 4x4 here only nissan and tojos any help would be fantastic .if there is a kit to suit over there send me a link so i can get it imported to australia. and i love this 4.6 lt v8 it goes hard and sounds good with my new pipe work and of course my full alloy polished bullbar .thanks hope someone can help ..:confused:

No kits yet...

hi guys im new here, so il begin with this is there a lift kit to suit a 2004 xlt explorer? here in australia there is none at all they say it cant be done as the axels go thru the chassis.but i think its because there not into ford 4x4 here only nissan and tojos any help would be fantastic .if there is a kit to suit over there send me a link so i can get it imported to australia. and i love this 4.6 lt v8 it goes hard and sounds good with my new pipe work and of course my full alloy polished bullbar .thanks hope someone can help ..:confused:

You got the above Coilsprings as the best (and only) option to lift the vehicle... Check out the address Coilsprings.com They are in Kansas, and the springs are very heavy, so posting to Oz will be quite the bear! :D Suerte!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Down Under / P3S

I hear there's a company there called Kingsprings. Sound familiar? :cool:

so far all i noticed is the ride is just a bit stiffer, i dont really drive fwy or anything all that much, but im actually goint up to Tehachapi, CA this coming week to do some serious off road with a buddy of mine so i will probably be able to answer these question better. there is a long hwy route getting there, "grape vine hill" for those of you who live in so cal. and then a whole lot of "dirt-rally worthy" roads to get to the house were staying at. so ill take notes of how everything does on the way and then post a write up of my findings when i get back.

Where are you at P3S? How's everything going?

Back