Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can now predict that i won't be able to make it, or afford it. So disregard my date requests.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in the same boat as Dannyboy. Can't make it on weekends of :
May 17-18
May 24-25

This is work and is what feeds the Navajo and MH.

Open weekends:
10-11 May
31 May-1st June

There's a slight chance I have the weekend of 24-25 May open but it's slim.

I think we should have a poll and majority rules.:thumbsup::dunno:

Looks like we got a poll now. If this can work out I need to meet you and get a tshirt :D

Looks like May 23-25 is in the lead. but only 4 people voting. we need more people to vote.

Tim

*deep voice* How, Big Chief Lost 'N Found :D

I really have no idea if I'll be making it this year... I've graduated and joined the workforce since last time. have to see how my vacation situation works out around that time.

If I do go I dont know if I'm very interested in staying at canyonlands again... I was really disapointed with it this past time. I'm sure that was mostly because we were beyond the creek... and for that price I dont want to have to smell disgusting portapoties. I'm thinking I may stay at the williams bottom campground ... its a first come first serve one out 279, it was like $7 a night and not too bad... close to the road so you get road noise.
heres a map if anyone else is interested http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...1&sspn=0.106819,0.31414&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=12&om=1

Also I wasn't very impressed with the branding iron last year. I liked the place we went to the year before better... They were setup to handle our big group The branding iron seemed to have been caught totally off guard, despite knowing about our group for quite a while.

Also I wasn't very impressed with the branding iron last year. I liked the place we went to the year before better... They were setup to handle our big group The branding iron seemed to have been caught totally off guard, despite knowing about our group for quite a while.

The problem they had was that they had just reopened after having to rebuild due to a fire, so they were short handed to begin with, then one of their waitresses called in sick making them even more shorthanded. I'm sure that they will have the wrinkles ironed out by this year.

well unless I convince the misses to honeymoon Moab I think this year is off!
but you never kow, lol!

i say late may at the earliest!

some of us are just college kids!!! :D

Currently the vote is for May 23-25th.

I'm graduating on May 28th, and we have a lot of stuff going on before that, so I would really prefer May 30-June 1. Otherwise, I may not be able to make it.

I'm in regardless of date... but I'll really be in if someone can post a clip of a calendar for the dates and mark when Brian1, Marshall, Gerald, Jeff, Mike, and a few others will be able to attend!! HA! Moab won't be the same without you guys! JStrider, did I meet you last year... I don't recall; so that'd be cool!

Just pick the DAMN date... I got a mil. buddy in S.A., Texas waiting on a date to get tickets to come out (I'm trying to have him pic between Moab and the Ouray 08 Labor Day run!!). :salute:

Maybe we can get more than 2 Sport Tracs with the guts to bend tie-rods with us!! I got spares.... I WILL finish Fins this time! (I know what a rookie trail to break on :D:D;):p: !

Okay, I counted up who said they would miss what dates in this thread or the Poll thread and arived at this:

If we do Moab on May 16-18 both Dannyboy and FAKRWEE are out.
If we do Moab on May 23-25 Dannyboy, FAKRWEE, and Flyboy(me) are out.
If we do Moab on May 30-June 1, nobody is out.

I think the evidence speaks for itself ;)

Ok it has been decided that the date for Moab 2008 to be

May 30-June 1 2008

so this way we hopefully can get the maximum amount of people going.

Y'all mark your Calenders:D

I'll be updating the first post later with more info about hotels campsites etc.

Thread title changed as requested.

YAY MOAB!!! I'm super stoked now. WOOO HOOO!!! Calender marked, 5 months of getting the X ready begins.

may 30. I need to get to work!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back