• Register Today It's free!

Can you strengthen a 5r55w tranny

toon5176

Reaction score
City, State
Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 v8 4x4 xlt
Need to know if there are any parts in the US for strengthening a 5r55w tranny as mine is slipping & I would like to beef it up a bit so it can withhold the pain Im gunna give it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lentech told me that there isn't much internally that can be improved and that the improvements would come with PCM tuning. I do believe that level 10 now makes some parts for these boxes. I'm starting to have trouble with my transmission as well but just like you, I don't want to bother with stock parts. I may just end up trading it in for a 2007 or 2008.

toon take a look on modularfords. I created a thread a few years back addressing the 5R55W, S, N transmission rebuilding. Level Ten offers a build rated to 700+rwhp as of over a years ago. Art Carr (the new Art Carr) offers a rebuild for them now too. Lentech only offered a 25% stronger input shaft.

I was hoping for like a tow rebuild........

-Shawn

If this tranny can handle 700+rwhp in built form then it will easily be up to the task of towing. A little bit expensive for a towing upgrade though.

Back