Help! Wanted Wheels for X! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help! Wanted Wheels for X!

jasonpusch

Reaction score
City, State
Coronado, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey guys wanted these wheels for wifes X for Xmas and wanted to see if they fit an 05 explorer XLT 4x4....Need to order today to get by xmas....Ler me know thanks....
http://www.americanmuscle.com/anthracite-18x9-deepdish-bullitt.html
Backspacing= 5.94(151mm)
Offset= +24mm(.94")
Bolt= 5x4.5

I know bolt pattern will work but please let me know the rest...THanks, Jason

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone PLease Help....need to order soon! Thanks....

For what it's worth, I test fitted a set of 17x8's with a 25mm offset and they sat nicely. I have no experence with that particular wheel though.

For what it's worth, I test fitted a set of 17x8's with a 25mm offset and they sat nicely. I have no experence with that particular wheel though.

Yeah Seen guys in the forums that had mustang wills on the X's. With the 5.94 backspacing has me a lil worried.....wish someone knew the specs for the 05 16" wheels or knew that these would work...want to buy them soon but dont want to get stuck with them if they dont fit...want to throw some AT tires on them so need to be precise about the sizes...thanks though

The 16" wheels have a ton of offset so I don't think that there would be any danger for rubbing on the inside.

The 16" wheels have a ton of offset so I don't think that there would be any danger for rubbing on the inside.

Well, called Ford and of course no one could tell me the specs...so called tire place and they said the wheels i listed wouldnt work...said that if wheels are 7" wide I need to keep offset between -6 and +44, 8" 0- +32, 8.5 no more then +24, and 9" is +10 through +19......damn need to just take wheel off and measure....not sure how guys here are putting saleens, cobra wheels on the 3rd Gen X's with no probs......well from that looks like I need to go 17x8 bullets with some 255/60/17 AT tires...Thanks....chime in anyone who as stang wheels on!

buy my wheels! :D check out my car domain website in my signiture. i have updated pics of my wheels but they are at home.

I can't be any help on the subject, but would like to get feedback on the particular wheels you are looking at(I like 'em). If you get them, and they fit, take a pic and show it off.
I just brought home a 2005 4x4 XLT V8 so I'm in "sponge mode".

heres mine all cleaned up

DSC00389.jpg

Yeah.....ordered the 17" wheels cause they seem closer to the offset that the tire shop said to stay close too....will post pics soon

my 18"s fit and dont rub at all. they are still for sale. anyone?

Back