10,000K HID's | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

10,000K HID's

So my Dad bought me HIDs for my fog lights for Christmas :) They came in today but he dose not know I found them...Secret...

There 10,000K I will get some pictures on December 24th nite when I put them in :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I understand the aiming concept here, but once they are aimed correctly (not blinding on coming drivers) is there a noticeable tilt in the headlight during the day?

Not noticeable at all. I drove my wife's Subie last night with good old OEM halogens and I felt like I was driving with no lights at all. Once you have them aimed properly, you'll be more than happy with the light output AND you won't piss off oncoming traffic. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Id say for anyone looking for HID's to take the extra time and install projectors. They make a world if difference in keeping the light where you want it. I love mine and wouldnt go any other way again.

well not every one wants too spend an extra $500 on top of the hid's i had hid in my stock housing for weeks and no one has flashed me. is it really worth the $500 for projector headlights as apposed to the euro? guess it depends on how much money you have. but the hid in non projector housing does great

Thank you!

Well said. And unlike Danny's significant other, he can take constructive criticism without having a temper tantrums/hissy fits. Everyone and their dog knows I never cared for his S.O. I am a part of the long list of people that are happy he's gone. Danny on the other hand is a riot and has a great sense of humour and shows a lot of passion. I imagine being inches from death makes you appreciate life that much more, but I sense he was a character before all this.

Donner, this history is probably lost on you since you're new. Anyone who's been around for even a slight bit longer remembers that green Ex from Alaska and the soap operas that followed him. :confused:

Thank you, and yes I know nothing of the green Ex... I'll search. Thanks!

So I got my HIDs in my fogs, there not as blue as I thought they would be but I love the look they gave my truck...

0162small.jpg

0140small.jpg

0141small.jpg

Wattage?

What's the wattage on those? Is that stock area modified to handle that kind of heat? Aren't they all max 47 watts? :eek: I don't know if 10,000k is 100 watts, but it looks like that or more.. is this a fire hazard?:help:

What's the wattage on those? Is that stock area modified to handle that kind of heat? Aren't they all max 47 watts? :eek: I don't know if 10,000k is 100 watts, but it looks like that or more.. is this a fire hazard?:help:

All HIDs are 35 watts. The stock housing is built for a 55 watt bulb...So that means there is less heat...

Good to know...

from what i know HIDs are all 35watts which compared to 55wats in the housing isn't back but the worst thing would be is melting the housing

All HIDs are 35 watts. The stock housing is built for a 55 watt bulb...So that means there is less heat...

Don't wanna see a fireball rolling through the streets :D

How's it working? Any flashing of lights or rude behavior? And what brand are they?

the fogs look great! do you have any issues with radio reception with your lights on? i have 10000k headlights in my mounty and they really effect my radio reception when there on.

Good question..,

hey all, would these be better than replacing just the bulbs? Also, I like the bumper how would I ask for it at my local jy? hehe, thanks in advance for the reply
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-0...201273300QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180201273300

Will that fit your vehicle? Don't take my advice about jy, but if you do, call around and be patient. There are a few people here that can be pretty specific, because it sounds like you want to swap bumpers...

Hey Danny, get some pics up of the install. I'm interested to see how you wired up the fogs themselves, how you got them in the enclosure etc.

Looks good.

the fogs look great! do you have any issues with radio reception with your lights on? i have 10000k headlights in my mounty and they really effect my radio reception when there on.

Since I put the 10K in my fogs my radio has been acting hella funny some to think about it...I'm going to look into this!

Hey Danny, get some pics up of the install. I'm interested to see how you wired up the fogs themselves, how you got them in the enclosure etc.

Looks good.

See, I popped them in and hooked up the bumper just like I would any other head light. I used some silicone just because I read on here some people had some problems with them. So to be safe then sorry...I siliconed that s**t up! Other then that, I grounded them and hooked them into power and I was set...Wierd part was, the way they were made I had to wire the power wire into the old bulb housing...If that makes since...? My trucks in the shop again in a few hours for the air bag. Once I get it back I will see about getting some pictures =-D

Yeah, I like that type of bumper, but don't know if I'd need to swap the full bumper or if it's just a cover :dunno: I'd like to have the round holes for fog lights, mine has the switch in the radio bezel and has two wires behind the bumper (which I connected to some fog lights that I ended up not liking) so if I had that kind of bumper I could get the ones I saw on ebay

Yeah, I like that type of bumper, but don't know if I'd need to swap the full bumper or if it's just a cover :dunno: I'd like to have the round holes for fog lights, mine has the switch in the radio bezel and has two wires behind the bumper (which I connected to some fog lights that I ended up not liking) so if I had that kind of bumper I could get the ones I saw on ebay

If you have a 97 sport you would need a whole bumper...Juts and all...

Back