Muddy trip to Gilmer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Muddy trip to Gilmer

this is the result of wheeling wet, red clay on steep hills and laying it on both sides....anybody have a couple extra power mirrors laying around...???? :D

I'll have pics and video of her on her side later this week...

100_0971.jpg

100_0970.jpg

100_0969.jpg

100_0968.jpg

100_0967.jpg

100_0973.jpg

rubbed a tree here... man it was slick...
100_0974.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice!

Both sides huh?!!! That takes talent....lol I know what you mean, when that mud/clay gets water soaked it is might as well be an ice rink...

Wow! your pass side looks like my driver side on my 98 sport after side swiping a expidition. NICE!

I'll have some tomorrow.... they hafta be delivered.... :D

ok... let the flames begin.... just remember, the Heeps went up the EASY side...... :flipoff2:

IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

YES... OK......... it was a *gulp* Liberty (with a Rubicon sticker on hood) that winched me back over.... :roflmao:

IMG_2171.jpg

That does make changing the oil much easer.

it does make goin in reverse a tad difficult... at that degree, it wont move....

A tip: next time, attach the winch's hook to the side that's going to unload on the axle -- that should help prevent the vehicle from rolling over a little bit. Looking at your pics, you probably unloaded the driver's side so I would have attached the winch to the axle on that side and pulled on the axle.

how did you manage not to break any windows!!??? if it was me, somehow every window would some how brake

I told Phil he has some kind of bulletproof windows. This is about the 5th trip he's layed that thing on a window and still has yet to break one. :p:

There was another flop later on that day in a worse spot than that but i dont think we got any pics.

explorers dont roll over they just flop a lot :p

Back