• Register Today It's free!

Loosely related topic....

JusWannaMudd

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 XLS 4x4 4.0L
...and I apologize if it's in the wrong spot. But I thought at least these guys would get a kick out of this story.

So, like most, when I brought home my new X, I was showing it off a bit to the few neighbors I associated with, one who had a Suzuki Aerio and a few kids. Their boy, who was 6 years old, was outside checking it out as I was messing with stuff in the front seat.

He comes up to my window and says, "I like your van, mister."

I sat back, jaw open, and mumbled to myself "Van?...VAN???"

He must have noticed the sheer disbelief because he started to walk away. I quickly popped out the window and said "How many vans have you seen with four-by-four and a hitch. This is a truck, son."

So, how does this fit here? Well, I was hoping to modify my "van" to be able to run over a 6 year olds bike......uhh, figuratively, of course;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wouldn't take offense, after all he was only 6 :dunno:

I'd be having a talk with his father...

At 6 I would have called it a SUV, or maybe a truck. But not a van.

TP his bicycle.

Yeah, I know he was only six, and I'm just kiddin' around. But I know most of the guys here would understand.

I should have said "That's a pretty nice tricycle, too." HA HA

"How many vans have you seen with four-by-four and a hitch. This is a truck, son."
:D Funny story, but here's a true 4wd van (not AWD)
800px-93-94_Mazda_MPV.jpg

I always wanted a 4x4 van. I had a Fullsized one with a hitch. Most, if not all, vans have hitches. Now that I heard that an explorer is also called a van I guess I got my Wish. A 4x4 Van with a Hitch. Sweet! ;)

I would have called it a truck....Oh wait....I still do. Let's compromise and call it a Vruck. Or Tran.:D

His dad's looking for you...

...and I apologize if it's in the wrong spot. But I thought at least these guys would get a kick out of this story.

So, like most, when I brought home my new X, I was showing it off a bit to the few neighbors I associated with, one who had a Suzuki Aerio and a few kids. Their boy, who was 6 years old, was outside checking it out as I was messing with stuff in the front seat.

He comes up to my window and says, "I like your van, mister."

I sat back, jaw open, and mumbled to myself "Van?...VAN???"

He must have noticed the sheer disbelief because he started to walk away. I quickly popped out the window and said "How many vans have you seen with four-by-four and a hitch. This is a truck, son."

So, how does this fit here? Well, I was hoping to modify my "van" to be able to run over a 6 year olds bike......uhh, figuratively, of course;)

At that young age, all he'll remember is you saying "Son" "by" "Hitch", he'll tell dad... and dad will think you said "You son of a b@!!!" Dad will be looking for you... ;)

A 4X4 van with 2 DOORS!?!? :eek: WTF??

A group of guys were sitting at the design table, after a couple pots of joe, and said, " Aww hell, lets try it."

Seriously though, my co-worker today said he thought I left, because he didn't see my "van" out front. And he drives a Jeep Liberty!! Damnit.......

I heard the term somewhere, can't remeber, but someone called 'em Utes (or is it yutes). I assume short for utility vehicle. I always did feel odd calling it a truck, because i think pick-up. So I think I'll stick to Ute. Plus it reminds me of My Cousin Vinny (what the hell is a yout?) :D

You gotta pic of the vehicle? You maybe don't have a roof rack?

older pic, added bug shield and rain guards since. I like that light bar, Donner. :thumbsup:

l_ec1fc1793e2fa64c233fb35725f08e0d.jpg

What's it called, a Mazda Whaddahellisit. :p: HAHAHA At least they put the back door curbside.

Nope, don't think so. I mean, I've probably seen one in passing, but I can't say I've ever stopped to see the wonder that is a 3 door, 4x4 van.

OK, lets have some fun. Can someone with a knack for photoshop and a little time paste some mudders on there. If you can, I will have found my new desktop for awhile. :popcorn:

Your vehicle looks like an Ex... Why do they think it's a van??? That's odd.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back