piaa Xtreme White Plus h3 bulb(s) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

piaa Xtreme White Plus h3 bulb(s)

Hello everyone!

I reciently purchased a pack of cheap walmart driving lights, and they use an H3 (55w) bulb.

I was curious if anyone has had any experience with PIAA Xtreme White Plus H3 Bulbs?

Would I be wasting money grabbing those bulbs (as to just melt the housing)?

I wouldnt be using these lights all the time, just when its really dark ;), or when I'm going off-roading(which is rare). I just want a cheap way to make the road as bright as I can as far as I can.

Any help would be fabulous!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it pulls the same amount of watts so it shouldn't do anything to the housing, the only thing the new bulbs will do it make it "more" white. you can go find brighter bulbs like 100W or 130W as long as you dont have them on too long it wont be any problem.

on my old car (85 buick) i had them tied into the parking lights (1 pair of 100watts and another pair of 130watts) and i would use them semi often but i never used them longer then 15 mins and nothing ever happend, not to say doing it longer would have or not?

If they're 55W lamps and 55W bulbs, it won't melt the housing, but they also won't put out any more light. They will be whiter, that's about it. If you want an improvement, check the wattage of the stock bulbs, and if they are 55 watt, you can replace them with brand-name Sylvania, GE, or Philips 55W H3 bulbs which might give some improvement over no-name made in China bulbs. If the stock bulbs are 35W, then you're stuck using cheap 35W bulbs, since the plastic housings of cheapo lamps usually won't handle the heat of a 55W bulb of any brand. You could always try it, though, and if they melt, just get better lamps.

i had bought a set of 9006 (low beam) xtreme white PIAAs and they didnt seem to do much better than the old ones... i would suggest silverstars above all cuz they r much clearer and whiter than the old ones... just my 2 cents

wangmauler

i have the new osram [NOT SYLVANIA] +90% night breakers in H3 for sale.

they are standard 55 watts, you'll have money left over.

Night Breakers are a good compromise if you wanted whiter light, but something better than the standard "superwhite" stuff. It'd be nice if Osram made them without the blue ring for their Silverstar line.

i have some of the narva [german made] +50 clear H3, 55 watt.

Oh wow, even better. What are your prices and shipping for the night breakers and the narvas?

Back