Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com

Before and after

Yup the rear end sure sags now. Depending on where I park it doesnt look like it sags that much all the time. I plan on ordering 1 1/2" springs for the rear now but first I'm going to try the spring lox to help level it out. It'll look pretty sweet when the rear is up more. Oh yeah and I took the running boards off.

Got my clear corners in today, get my flowmaster 50 series cat back on Friday, and I hope to get some smoked tail lights :D . I have a LoadWarrior cargo basket to put on too.

* I updated the second pic. I put those rubber spacers in the back until I get the permanent thing. It looks and drives great. You cant really see it but theres my new SS tip cuz I just got my 50 series put on. Sounds like it looks now!

Attachments

• Photo-00088.jpg
    Photo-00088.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,304
  • Photo-0sdf.jpg
    Photo-0sdf.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 4,736
  • Photo-0003.jpg
    Photo-0003.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 2,091

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

now im kinda wishing i still had my 3rd gen =/

that bodystyle looks bad ass with some hight and bigger meats

now im kinda wishing i still had my 3rd gen =/

that bodystyle looks bad ass with some hight and bigger meats

It looks way better than stock thats for sure. Why did you get rid of your 3rd gen?

Yikes! That is sweet! Man, you weren't kiddin' at all! You're going to keep it level when you add the rear springs, right?

Very very nice, it looks great up front, cant wait to see it with the rear end up too.

I can't wait to get the rear up. It does look nice and the younger crowd seems to like it with the front end up and I do too but not this much. I wanna do about an inch and a half in the rear.

Very nice! I also like the rims are they steel and who makes em?

Very nice! I also like the rims are they steel and who makes em?

They're alloys. Pro Comp 8069's. I originally put them on with the chrome center cap and it just didnt do it for me. I like how they look thick in the holes as opposed to the steels.

Before and after

Yup the rear end sure sags now. Depending on where I park it doesnt look like it sags that much all the time. I plan on ordering 1 1/2" springs for the rear now but first I'm going to try the spring lox to help level it out. It'll look pretty sweet when the rear is up more. Oh yeah and I took the running boards off.

Got my clear corners in today, get my flowmaster 50 series cat back on Friday, and I hope to get some smoked tail lights :D . I have a LoadWarrior cargo basket to put on too.

Thats looks awsome....i think i'm going to put 3" in on mine too...i just wanted to know, with 3" in the front does the control arms flex down a lot??? also i saw that you changed your struts, do you have to replace the struts or can you use the stock struts??? also how bad does it throw off the alighnment???

Thats looks awsome....i think i'm going to put 3" in on mine too...i just wanted to know, with 3" in the front does the control arms flex down a lot??? also i saw that you changed your struts, do you have to replace the struts or can you use the stock struts??? also how bad does it throw off the alighnment???

The control arm doesnt flex down much more than usual. Maybe I'll take some pics up in there for ya.

You don't have to replace your struts. Mine were shot and I opted for kyb gas struts and the combo of both(I dunno how it would ride with the stock and the new springs) does have a better ride.

He said the toe in alignment was off quite a bit. I'm going back next week for him to align it after my springs have been settled in. I wouldn't go without the alignment, especially if you care about your tires and it doesn't cost that much.

I definitely recommend doing 3" in front and I would do about an 1 1/2 in the rear. It looks even better close up in person.

The control arm doesnt flex down much more than usual. Maybe I'll take some pics up in there for ya.

You don't have to replace your struts. Mine were shot and I opted for kyb gas struts and the combo of both(I dunno how it would ride with the stock and the new springs) does have a better ride.

He said the toe in alignment was off quite a bit. I'm going back next week for him to align it after my springs have been settled in. I wouldn't go without the alignment, especially if you care about your tires and it doesn't cost that much.

I definitely recommend doing 3" in front and I would do about an 1 1/2 in the rear. It looks even better close up in person.

Yea could you take a picture up front for me...thanks...And that sounds good to do 3" up front and 1 1/2 in the back...i'm probably going to do that...it will look sick...

I updated the second pic I posted earlier. I put a temporary fix in for the rear end sag. Rubber spacers....Thanks Donner

no prob! when are the springs due?

no prob! when are the springs due?

Havnt ordered them yet...Ive spent alot of money in the last few weeks. Just got a catback on today too. Maybe in a couple months.

If I dont like how the loadwarrior basket looks on it, Ill sell it and order my rear coils.

Swap 'em out as soon as possible...

Havnt ordered them yet...Ive spent alot of money in the last few weeks. Just got a catback on today too. Maybe in a couple months.

you know CA sun and wind can dry out sand, and the potholes don't help... so swap em as soon as possible... there was someone here a while back in this thread that had a set... maybe if the part no. is a match, they might part with them if they haven't returned them yet... check it out.

did you get one of the headgear flashlight things? the mrs kept holding the flashlight in my eyes when i needed help with anything, so i picked up that gizmo from Lowes... it was like $5.00. only problem is you forget they're on, and walk around with that thing on your head... funny :cool:

you know CA sun and wind can dry out sand, and the potholes don't help... so swap em as soon as possible... there was someone here a while back in this thread that had a set... maybe if the part no. is a match, they might part with them if they haven't returned them yet... check it out.

did you get one of the headgear flashlight things? the mrs kept holding the flashlight in my eyes when i needed help with anything, so i picked up that gizmo from Lowes... it was like $5.00. only problem is you forget they're on, and walk around with that thing on your head... funny :cool:

No but I could have used one last night when I did my fender trimming. I bought a Craftsman Rotary tool. It was the perfect tool for the job, was simple and looks perfect. Just looks normal. Then I cut a couple ends of a rubber tie strap to use as a spacer between the fender and the plastic wheel well to push it out so the tires dont hit it. It's great! Im going to go drive it for a while...see ya

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back