• Register Today It's free!

need ideas!!

bbrown1234

Reaction score
City, State
Mobile, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Hey everyone i need some ideas on my 1997 XLT right now everything is stock but it looks as that is all about to change. I turn 16 in about a month and need a badass truck. Thats pretty much it so any advice or anything would great if you could post pictures that would be even better. I am open to any ideas at all escecially anything with audio, subs, in dash, and lifts, brush guards, and tires for sure. Homemade ideas are wonderful too. thanks!!:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well you could

well you could just sell the xplorer and just get a ferrari.. that would be alright...
with your generation X i would start basic since you dont have much money im sure..
so make sure you keep your tires under 33 so that you can keep factory gears.. and i would immediatly work towards shakles and a TT which is called a torsion twist..
you can get about 2 inches round the whole truck for 50 bucks in shackles TT is free but pay 60 bucks for an alignment and then you got 2 inches..
just start searching round this site.. for
TT torsion twist
body lift kit.. pa 853
shackles..
trust me you will learn to know what im talking bout real quick cause it is talked bout .. indefinitly

yeah ive got about 3 or 4 thousand right now to put into it and i will look around thanks!

Here is mine:

0039small.jpg

0005crop.jpg

0053small.jpg

0051small.jpg

0038small.jpg

0033.jpg

0144small.jpg

Picture056.jpg

If you see something you like and need me to explain, ask :)

also anyone that has anything to say about mufflers and what sounds the best let me know!!

yeah i see them nice truck just not my taste

I have the same year. I cranked my torsion bars, i had shackles but i took them outbecause i like the front higher than the back, put a 3 inch body lift on it, i have 32 bfg's i just have to get them on, put lights on the that are 100 watts, and i have procomp es3000 shocks. I just painted the front grill and bumper.
DSCF0009.jpg

011.jpg

i too am 16 and have a 95 xlt, i'm probably gonna do a TT, shackles and 3" BL, as far as mufflers i like the flowmaster super 40 series go to youtube.com and search ford explorer exhuast this will give a few examples of what different brands will sound like:exp:

mustang i got dual 40 series flowmasters on my 01 sport and i love how it sounds

damn cuz i like the billet grill alot and the ford logo. very unique!

Before you spend all that money and find out that what you thought you wanted really isn't what you ended up with, take a little time and decide what you are really going to do with your truck. This will save you a lot of money.
A "Badass" truck for wheeling, is not the same as a "Badass" truck for show, which is not the same as a "Badass" truck for speed, which is not the same as a "Badass" truck for street use.

The question should be:
I am making a street machine, what do you suggest?
I am making a serious off road machine, what do you suggest?
I am making a show truck, what do you suggest?

i'd just go with the basics to start off with 3" BL TT Shackles, and as someone stated above dont go any bigger than 33" tires unless u wanna regear...

mine
Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Before you spend all that money and find out that what you thought you wanted really isn't what you ended up with, take a little time and decide what you are really going to do with your truck. This will save you a lot of money.
A "Badass" truck for wheeling, is not the same as a "Badass" truck for show, which is not the same as a "Badass" truck for speed, which is not the same as a "Badass" truck for street use.

The question should be:
I am making a street machine, what do you suggest?
I am making a serious off road machine, what do you suggest?
I am making a show truck, what do you suggest?

definitely x2. 3-4 grand will get you a pretty good looking x. heres mine though.

IM0009982.jpg

IM000996.jpg

ahhh, days before the lift haha.
IM000924.jpg

Back