Custom mounting in fog light depressions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom mounting in fog light depressions

Ya so anyway I am looking to get the Hella 2500 Angel Eye lights, and my question is, has anyone had experience mounting non-OEM lights in the bumper depressions (in my 01 Sport) for the stock lights? I feel that mounting them there would look best.
The Hella's are 4" in diameter, so I'll probably have to do some chopping, but does anyone know if there is anything near there convenient to mount to? I imagine it will be kind of tricky...
Any help/tips/advice is appreciated.

Well, where my Stock fog lights are there is a Metal brace that the Fog light attaches too. Are you replacing the stock ones or All together adding fog lights? I would think there would be something there you can use. If there was the stock option there should be something. Best way to find out is to hop underneath and take a look. :thumbsup: Good luck.

Never had stock lights. From what I have seen online, the OEM lights come w/ mounting brackets, leading me to believe there are none there now. I'll try to get under there this week to see for myself.
Thanks.

i used these clamps to mount fogs in my 98 sport's bumper, still need to paint them. you can get them at electrical supply stores, and maybe lowes or the home depot. they are called beam clamps and accept 1/4" bolts on the backside and bottom. good luck
DCP_1634.jpg

Cool thanks for that bro. Tool a look under there this morning, and there are definitely plenty of solid places to mount to. I'll have to see if those will work on my 01 since it's kind of a big cosmetic redesign from previous years (correct?), but at least I now I know it won't be super complicated. Thank God.

Back