Chromoly axles what to choose?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Chromoly axles what to choose??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I run a spool with 38's on my waggy 44 pretty ####in hard (hard as I can with a 3.0 lol) with yukon chromo's and CTM's and haven't had a single hiccup yet.

I run a spool with 38's on my waggy 44 pretty ####in hard (hard as I can with a 3.0 lol) with yukon chromo's and CTM's and haven't had a single hiccup yet.

He completely split a Pinion yoke before the Yukons or CTM's even thought of giving in a LPD44, with 42's

07-03-06_1424.jpg

IMGP0976.jpg

I love Pimipn jey's junk

Actually, it's because of the angle b/t the front/rear of my leafs and the shackle reversal. Too much droop going up an incline and the yokes hit.

Oh yeah, you got that big nasty front driveshaft

thanks for the info I think I am going to order them today
has anybody had to warranty a set of the yukon axles yet
and if so was it no questions asked???

I've got Yukon shafts on the pass. side. My housing was cut down to the EB size axle. I've snapped the driver side inner and outer, and haven't had any problems with the Yukon side yet.

I gave my money to Alloy USA for mine. I heard enough complaints about the Yukons, so i decided to give Alloy a shot. For $500 and a 10 year no questions asked warranty, I don't think you can go wrong. No complaints yet. I have an Aussie in the front a Stubler and 4.88 gears.

Back