• Register Today It's free!

Gauge cluster ?s

AAnnddrreeww

Reaction score
City, State
Triad, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 XLT 4x4
Alright, I ordered a gauge cluster off of eBay for a 2001 XLT explorer.
When it arrived it does not match my stock cluster exactly

015.jpg

This is what I have now.

gauges001.jpg

However, this is what they sent me.

My question is will they still work even though they're not laid out the same way, seeing as they are pre-wired and whatnot? It seems like the important lights mach up (CEL, ABS, etc.)
I'm looking to put these in tonight but dont want to install something that wont work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I must be missing what you are asking-if they are laid out with the lights in the right spots, why wouldn't it work?

I must be missing what you are asking-if they are laid out with the lights in the right spots, why wouldn't it work?
Well first off I realized that I wasn't sent what was advertised. Also, the gas / battery / oil etc. symbols arent inside of it like they are stock. I just wanted to make sure this wouldn't affect my being able to read my panel correctly or not.

You will need to line up the "windows" on the overlays carefully, and it should look fine.

Im having trouble grounding it. Should I ground the red wire or black and red? because the how-to had 2 diff color wires altogether.

Back