Pictures | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pictures

edit:

1. Level out the Menace by raising the front end...
2. Get the rim rings painted black or maybe the entire rim - glossy
(moved to another thread)

I think you should level it. and it's funny that you might want your wheels black (I think black wheels would look good one yours) because I'm not likin the black wheels so much on mine. I'm lookin to get some polished AR Mojave 16x8's instead...still thinkin about it. But those wheels you have, they are too nice to paint completely black. I'd just do the rings.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you! I gotta find a way to raise the front end without buying new springs - but if the cost is the same, then I might just get front springs (1.5" on now, what would level it? 2.0, 2.25?)

Thank you! I gotta find a way to raise the front end without buying new springs - but if the cost is the same, then I might just get front springs (1.5" on now, what would level it? 2.0, 2.25?)

I'm pretty happy with 3" coils up front and am probably going to do 1.5" in the rear like you did which will probably level it. I have those spring lox on the back right now and theyre stiff as hell. I see no ill effects and don't see why there would be any in the future of having the 3" coils. It rides like the oem springs, just higher:thumbsup:. It's just a matter of you being willing to shell out the cash. Maybe you can sell your 1.5" springs...

That sounds good... i'll start with photoshop first. It would be easier to look at the springs last - $$$ :)

That sounds good... i'll start with photoshop first. It would be easier to look at the springs last - $$$ :)

You know the spring lox work both ways, you might try squatting the rear springs a bit......just a thought.

up she goes!

thanks, but i'm goin' hiya :cool: i'll just wait, you gotta really get a good look at the o/r vehicles, they are sweet! i'm not quite used to them yet, so after Trabuco, i'm bitten :D

thanks, but i'm goin' hiya :cool: i'll just wait, you gotta really get a good look at the o/r vehicles, they are sweet! i'm not quite used to them yet, so after Trabuco, i'm bitten :D

That has always been my motto! What are the o/r vehicles???

Oh man, the reason for this site! They are the ones you see at TDS and the like, Rick's, Froader's, Tbars', IZ, Cyber, and on and on... Have a look at Dannyboy's and R.J.'s Avatar... man, if I could do those things, it would be today! :)

Ok so here are pics with my new 2.5" front springs. I am a bit higher in the front now so I will be getting rears soon.
Here's a pic when I first started...
Random205.jpg

and now...
frontsprings001.jpg

You did that right! That is excellent!

Do you remove the trim to paint it?

Do you remove the trim to paint it?

Thank you Donner.
No I used blue painters tape, dont know if its for cars but it worked great. It took me hours to tape it all off. It took alot of tape. Peels right off afterward without any residue.

thats hottness! sexy as hell!

That looks really good, I'm a fan of the black two tone look myself. :)

Thank you Donner.
No I used blue painters tape, dont know if its for cars but it worked great. It took me hours to tape it all off. It took alot of tape. Peels right off afterward without any residue.

How many cans did you use?

How many cans did you use?

Hmm let me think, probbaly about 6 total on the trim. Probably about 3 on the rims. The tires are called primewells, I think firestone makes them.

That looks really good, I'm a fan of the black two tone look myself. :)

Thank you, your ex looks great, you should post an exploded pic so I can check it out!

:thumbsup:that looks great with 33s!!! nice way to expiriment in unchartered territory... quite daredevilish and with great results!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

quick question...did they rub at all in the front without the coil springs in but with the spacers?

Back