NJ Pine Barrens Run: Weekend of April 5-6 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NJ Pine Barrens Run: Weekend of April 5-6

April 5th or 6th

• Saturday April 5th

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Sunday Apritl 6th

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Hey John do any of the pick n' pulls by you have a decent '98 sport front bumper?

-Andy
D.J.O.R. Netzhauptmann

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I may be able to swing this with a buddy in his lifted Cherokee as well as my Xterra.

Let me see what he (his wife) says.

ill check for ya 2morrow andy,imma take a run down and see if i can find a v8 mountaineer/explorer for a front drive shaft for josh and get a price for him,so ill check for ya,they usually have alot of them there

John, if you could while you're down there check for a pair of 2nd gen taillights for me. Should be '95-'97 that will fit mine. Also, a blue Ford front grill emblem. Call me with a price if you could, thanks bud.

ok,hes checkin the yard for me and then he'll let me know a price for everything for ya's,and josh he has the driveshaft but its in a v8 explorer hes gonna check them and make sure they are the same,jason,he has the tail lights,not sure bout the emblem,and andy..is the bumper painted or chrome that u want??

.....and andy..is the bumper painted or chrome that u want??

I'd prefer the Sport style gray painted one so it matches the rest of my trim. If not, chrome is easliy sanded off. Thanks, John.

-Andy
D.J.O.R. Nezthauptmann

ok...jason..tail lights are 50.00 and the emblem is usually a pocket item,lol,andy the only bumper he has he said had a little bit of damage on it,so when my girl gets home from work with my truck at 3:00 ill go check it out and see what he is talkin about,if that one is 2 damaged,there is like 20 junk yards down there,ill check a few of them,im sure one of them yards has a decent sport front bumper in it,and does any1 know if the front driveshaft is different in a v6 is different from a v8?the guy i deal with only had 1 v8 front driveshaft and it was bent in a accident,unless one of the other junk yards has a v8 driveshaft

hey andy i found a 99 explorer for parts
Parting out 1999 Ford Explorer 2dr Sport. THE TRUCK ITSELF IS GONE, just have some of the parts left.

Available parts include:

Rear axle - worked good but needs brakes (4.10 gears, open differential). $200

Gray leather seats are nice. but front seats have broken handles (can be fixed). $200 for full set.

(3) 15" Limited Edition alloy wheels, no tires. $100 for all 3

Rear bumper - includes brackets, has a small dent in the corner and a few scratches. $50

Both doors - rust free, complete with panels, wiring, glass, etc. $100 each

Rear hatch - has a small surface rust spot where the paint chipped. Good condition otherwise. Needs a plastic clip replace on the handle linkage. $100

Front bumper - good condition, has a few minor scratches. $75

Front brushbar - has a few rust spots on it (would be perfect for off roading). $100

These are the ONLY parts available, so please don't ask about other parts as I do not have anything else. Thanks.

its on craigslist philadelphia under auto parts

so whats that make now??8 trucks??

John, thanks for checking, gonna have to pass on the tails.

the 50 is if they pull it,it would be cheaper if i pull it,probably like 25,30 bucks..and someone told me all 1st gen x's had a lim. slip 8.8 3.73 rear,axle code is 41 and this is what i found on here

Axles

Explorer
Door Code
41..... Open 8.8"..... 3200..... 3.27
42..... Open 8.8"..... 3200..... 4.10
43..... Open 8.8"..... 3200..... 3.08
44..... Open 8.8"..... 3200..... 3.73
45..... Open 8.8"..... 3200..... 3.55
46..... Open 8.8"..... 3200..... 3.73
D1..... L/S 8.8"..... 3200..... 3.27
D2..... L/S 8.8"..... 3200..... 4.10
D4..... L/S 8.8"..... 3200..... 3.73
D5..... L/S 8.8"..... 3200..... 3.73
L73 ..... L/S ?.?"..... ????..... 3.73

is it better to have a open or lim. slip?

Who's down for helpin me install a front driveshaft in wawa parking lot?:p:

depends on what time u get there,ill probably be there early,so ill give a hand,i have a 270 piece tool set in the back of my truck at all times

Who's down for helpin me install a front driveshaft in wawa parking lot?:p:

I've pulled mine out on the side of the mass pike in the rain, so a Wawa parking lot will be cake!

Autozone does carry new straps and bolts for the front diffy in the "Help" section, if you need them, they're just listed for a Wrangler.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jeep Parts On A Ford? Never!!:d

Back