2000 EX, 2" body lift in the works | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 EX, 2" body lift in the works

GPNyce

Reaction score
City, State
Nashville, Tenn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
So ive finally dragged my lazy a$$ back into the garage an got to work puttin on the body lift. ive had it for prolly 3 months now, and its just been sittin in my room looking lonely. i bought some extra PB blaster to help loosen up the bolts, and a few more sockets. SO glad i have the 20" breaker bar, extremely useful. I have removed the front bumper, battery (need to clean underneath it anyway), my 2 front seats, and my spare (which currently resides where my backseats used to be.

My rear bumper has been the biggest pain on this project so far. I have removed 3 of the 4 bolts holding it, and the last one snapped the metal so it just spins, and the socket wrench wont fit behind the metal plate. Im going to try vise grips in the morning, if that doesnt work, theres always the cutting wheel...:D

All of the bolts where very hard to turn, but i figured they would be since im from boston, and thats where i bought the EX. (stupid road salt!) I have all of the interior bolts loose, and the 2 up front by the bumper. all thats left is remove rear bumper and hit those bolts, then i can install the new blocks, steal my moms car for a quick trip to a hardware store for some replacement bolts, then tighten it all up.

Here are a few progress pics i took...
0f934acf.jpg

my lovely stripped and herc'ed interior
0d6f428e.jpg

just had to throw in a pic of my crazy ghetto rigged system :rolleyes:
ha, that seatbelt bracket makes a great ground point!
36a58411.jpg

8d84b583.jpg

thats all folks, im off to bed. finish this crap in the AM, an ill post more pics.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From the ground up... Great work! Are you building a write up with this thread?

sure why not...ill have to snap a bunch more photos...wont be for a little while thou, i actually had to stop halfway through. a few problems with some bolts, and i had to take my EX in today because my reverse has been slipping real bad. figured id wait to finish lift til after i got it back from shop.

so the body lift is finally done! basically everything that could go wrong, did. DONT EVER BUY A CAR FROM THE NORTH!!! RUST SUCKS! Every other bolt i had to remove with a cutting wheel and hammer/chisel:hammer:

oh well, heres some pics of it...

BEFORE PICS:
080b6650.jpg

a74192ff.jpg

a74192ff.jpg

AND AFTER 2" BL:

3b9a0c13.jpg

e54efeb1.jpg

eec3284b.jpg

What do you guys think? I dont have the bumpers on because im going to get some custom ones made...i also have some 16" silver rubicon wheels and 31" mud terrain tires on the way.

keep up the good work be sure to post pics when u get the custom bumpers installed

u need 33's now :) looks good

Yeah, I'd say go at least 32x12.5 with 3-4" of lift.

Yup. 31's will look like a stock tire with that much lift. I plan on 32's with my 4" lift. Good job though, looks great!!!

i agree, but im gettin a wicked deal on 5 rims w/ 31's already on them, just couldnt pass it up. and 33's have always been the plan...but will be down the road. got a few projects to finish first before the 33's...so we'll see how it goes...thanks for the comments

is this the bl kit for the 91-94 (2") you have installed on your X ? if so a write up would be superb...keep up the good work

yes this is that kit. there are a few write ups around here that i looked at...they helped quite a bit, but you really dont know what your getting into until u start it. as for me, all of my bolts would not come out, and the front 2 snapped in half. cutting wheels come in handy.

New Tires And Rims!

here are my new wheels...

07221b9e.jpg

eed2056b.jpg

948b117c.jpg

2407dbb9.jpg

e9056110.jpg

what do u guys think? i love havin to jumpin up a lil bit to get in :thumbsup:

hey man, that looks great. Makes me want to hurry out and buy a 3" BL right away.

shocker!!!! haha

Looks great! Just kinda needs some wheel spacers in back.

Are those Jeep wheels?

Looks great! Just kinda needs some wheel spacers in back.

Are those Jeep wheels?

Yep, from an 04 wrangler rubicon...they do say jeep in the middle of the wheel, haha. Its a Rubicon Explorer.

Back