• Register Today It's free!

No mods yet

whitefish

Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Decided I wanted to fix up the sploder a little bit for fishing/hunting this fall and decided to join here to get some of the help I need. Don't want to put a ton of $ into it, you guys are pretty smart and can probably help me out. Hope to get pics up later. :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks

welcome 2 the forum

DSC_0573.jpg

Welcome to Explorer Forum!

Welcome!

Decided I wanted to fix up the sploder a little bit for fishing/hunting this fall and decided to join here to get some of the help I need. Don't want to put a ton of $ into it, you guys are pretty smart and can probably help me out. Hope to get pics up later. :salute:

Start with the rims and tires, and a minor lift. Or a major lift w/tires and keep the rims. When you say a ton, what's your budget or limit?

My budget depends on what deals I can find... I have new A/T tires that I am going to put on it sometime this week if I can get ahold of the shop teacher to let me into the school (spring break right now) to use the tire machine.

I don't really want to lift it if it is possible not to, that would be the best option. The tires right now I beleive are 30 and the all terrain are 30, that should be enough for me, I don't do a TON of off-roading mostly gravel roads and the occasional mud

Thanks

sounds good... then you don't need do to much. what kinda mods did you have in mind? a lift is not needed...

How about a cargo liner or a cargo carrier for your hitch?

Checkedout I was thinking the same thing, could one be made of angle iron and 2x4s? Donner... I was thinking lights, racks, winches, I do ALOT of hunting and fishing... So anything that could be used when Hunting or fishing would be best. I'm also looking for mods to get better MPG....

Those are gonna stretch the budget... especially the winch. The lights and racks, eh, you can do those at a reasonable cost. (Make sure you check the For Sale forum also) It sounds like you and checkedout have more knowledge about outdoor type equipment. I have none :) Take care!

thanks for the help...

Tyler

Have you searched through the modified forum for your gen Ex?

I have a little... I've mostly found performance mods, I'm still looking though... Thanks

Checkedout I was thinking the same thing, could one be made of angle iron and 2x4s? Donner... I was thinking lights, racks, winches, I do ALOT of hunting and fishing... So anything that could be used when Hunting or fishing would be best. I'm also looking for mods to get better MPG....

I'm sure you could make one but look around, I've seen some that were pretty reasonable. Another nice thing to have is a 6" PVC pipe with end caps to strap to the roof rack for your fishing poles. Do a search for your MPG. Besides regular maintainence and a gentle foot, maybe a K&N air filter will help for not a lot of money.

Do you camp when you hunt and fish, or day trips?

I'm sure you could make one but look around, I've seen some that were pretty reasonable. Another nice thing to have is a 6" PVC pipe with end caps to strap to the roof rack for your fishing poles. Do a search for your MPG. Besides regular maintainence and a gentle foot, maybe a K&N air filter will help for not a lot of money.

Do you camp when you hunt and fish, or day trips?

I do both... Mostly day trips though. My MPG is 16-18, about what most people probably get. I found a roof rack on the side of the road... I'll post pics and you guys can tell me if it will work... Thank,
Tyler

Back