• Register Today It's free!

Squeaky Front End, Drivers Side

Mustang Mike

Reaction score
City, State
Jefferson, SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Eddie, 93 xlt, 04 xlt
To add to the list of my 96 eddie problem, this one is more of just annoying. It squeaks like two virgins on a rickidy old bed on prom night. I am serious, it is so bad that even when it is parked in the lot and the wind hits the side of it it will squeak. So I got the grease gun out, hoisted it up, no grease fittings at all, none on ball joins, a-arms, nothing. So I squirted the piss out of the front end components with WD-40 and it helped, for a week, now I am bad to the squeaking, has anyone else had this issue?
Thanks,
michael

it's common except mine seems to be closer to the rear are you absolutely positve it's the front cause front's usually mean a "clunk" like ball joints or tie rods...i've just lived with mine since it's an old 95 anyway and going to sas it about year or so ...and get a car to drive around in

No I am sure it is the front, I can rest my hands on the hood and just apply light pressure, and SQUEAK, there it goes. After I put some penatrating oil on it, it did get a little better for a while, front end seems nice and tight, no clunks, or tire wear.

Here we go again. My xlt does the same thing I think. Pull a wheel and check the boots on the front end components. If you have 100,000 or so miles on it, I'll bet your boots are starting to crumble. That's when the road crap gets in and it starts to make noise.
I'm going to rebuild the front end shortly and that should take care of the noise.
Mine seems to be related to the brakes mostly, but when I was checking it out I noticed all the boots were shot, although the truck handles fine and doesn't make any rolling noise that I can hear, it makes a loud creaking noise when going very slowly over a speed bump or traffic calming hump.
These trucks don't come with zerk fittings apparently but the replacment stuff does.
I thought that the idiot designers got over that idea back in the sixties, but I guess not. Then at least they had plugs that you could throw away and replace with zerks.
You might try spraying with a silicone solution and see if that helps. It should last longer than wd 40.
If you can get the tube into the boot it might help to load it up with silicone, but it will be messy...

Back