RCD shock and mount numbers. | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RCD shock and mount numbers.

Like I said it wasn't really a plan just a passing thought. Figured I'd just use em cause they'd be there lol. Besides what is the world else would I do with them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how is this writeup of the front coilover mod coming along ?

Writeup ...Writeup ... writeup ...writeup ... ;)

My parts :)

P1010049.jpg

P1010050-3.jpg

rock on what did it run you if you don't mind me asking.

Nice, what do you do/ afsc?

Hey cmax are you going to be at silver lake memorial day?

Hey cmax are you going to be at silver lake memorial day?

I am not going to silver lake then sorry. Why and whos askin? I am playing a trip during the ludington gus maker. I think June 24th, etc.

I am going on the......greatlakes4x4 outing.....at Ogemaw Sport And Trail Center - May 30th, 31st and June 1st. All are welcome......

CMAX

I was just asking. A group of us hit silver lake quite a bit after memorial day opener party we have. Don't get to do much wheeling on that side of the state. The mounds in flint sometimes.

I'm bringing my truck to a spring shop in the morning to take out a leaf or 2 to lower the rear.{I have the 4 dr springs on my 2dr SOA}
I'm looking to go down about 2 inches.,then I'll bring the front down with the spanners to level.

been waiting for the writeup for some time now ?,I needed to try something as the ride really sucks.

a question for the guys that have a SOA setup,
do you guys run a sway bar in the rear ?

I was just asking. A group of us hit silver lake quite a bit after memorial day opener party we have. Don't get to do much wheeling on that side of the state. The mounds in flint sometimes.

Its cool man!! I was just screwin with ya. I might be able to make a trip up to the dunes then....let me see if its a possiblity. Last weekend I went up to a wedding in Grand Rapids and saw a Jeep Sport with the sliver lake flag. You sure they are not open now?

Check out the greatlakes4x4 run. I do know what you mean about the fourwheeling down in lower michigan, its definately not the U.P.!!! Great offroading up there!!!!! I really would like to plan a trip, but its so far.

Writeup! Tell me what you guys want. I am almost done with the 8.5" coilover writeup. I am in the process of getting 6.5" coilovers so it is done properly and servicable on the trail. Too much to explain here, yet will all be in the writeup. I am guessing the 6.5 writeup will be done in approximently a month.

CMAX

For you guys interested in coilover conversion would anyone be interested in a weld it yourself kit???? And for those who already have done it whats the appoximate cost of the stuff you have to buy from RCD????

Its cool man!! I was just screwin with ya. I might be able to make a trip up to the dunes then....let me see if its a possiblity. Last weekend I went up to a wedding in Grand Rapids and saw a Jeep Sport with the sliver lake flag. You sure they are not open now?

Check out the greatlakes4x4 run. I do know what you mean about the fourwheeling down in lower michigan, its definately not the U.P.!!! Great offroading up there!!!!! I really would like to plan a trip, but its so far.

Writeup! Tell me what you guys want. I am almost done with the 8.5" coilover writeup. I am in the process of getting 6.5" coilovers so it is done properly and servicable on the trail. Too much to explain here, yet will all be in the writeup. I am guessing the 6.5 writeup will be done in approximently a month.

CMAX

Cmax:
I thought the work up front was all done ? thats why the push for the writeup !
when the fronts done with the 6.5's ,that would be the time for a writeup !

I dropped off my truck earlier,and I'm waiting to get it back,I'm trying a few simple changes 1st,I really hope this works for me though ???,it was kinda a shot in the dark.

the shop was worried about pulling off a leaf,saying that it could sag ?
if I can get it down 2",and get no rubbing,it should work out fine..... {I hope }

Well, I intially installed the 8.5" coilovers. They work although the 8.5 is hard to service if something goes wrong on the trail. I rather put in the 6.5 and use the 8.5 in the back or just sell them (not sure yet). I can finish the 8.5" writeup and then once I get the 6.5" swithched over I'll finish that writeup. Any suggestions on what you want?

Bill,

I am not sure which way you should go on the coilovers since you have the RCD kit. You may want to go with the 8.5" coilovers, this might work better for you since you have more lift up front. I can say this for sure since I have the superlift lift all around. You could travel your front suspension with out a shock/coilover to find your travels. Since you already have the RCD brackets you can just measure the difference between the two at both the extended and collapse travel length. Hope this helps.

CMAX

Lifted or stock an explorer only uses about 5" of shock shaft. If your keeping the mounting point in around the same area as stock a 6 or 6.5 will be more than adequate. I had my suspension apart and it was cycled to see some things and thats why we found out.

what a frustrating day this turned out to be .........

they called me and said they had a leaf off and the truck sat well in the rear,however....there was a problem with the lower control arm hitting the bumpstop when they cranked down the spanner nut on the coilovers ? so the shop manager had the mechanic put it back the same way ??????

my big mistake was leaving the shop,I would have been able to have them trim the bumpstops a bit.

I left when they were taking appart the leafpacks as I had something to do.

they felt bad it didn't come out right and only charged me $50.00 ,

I felt like I threw that money out the window,although the rattle I had is now gone from the rear ;)

Last weekend I went up to a wedding in Grand Rapids and saw a Jeep Sport with the sliver lake flag. You sure they are not open now?

CMAX

Silver lake's open apr 1st untill oct or november 1st
Whereabouts in michigan are you at?

Not to hijack the thread, but i will actually have viable info for this thread next week. In the middle of a big proj.

Silver lake's open apr 1st untill oct or november 1st
Whereabouts in michigan are you at?

Not to hijack the thread, but i will actually have viable info for this thread next week. In the middle of a big proj.

Ann arbor area. I went to michigan tech for my engineering degree that is how I know the UP is good for offroading.

This weekend I'm installing my new gears.

CMAX

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i've been working in milan. 94 all the way from me is quite a hike. i just did gears in my mountaineer 2 weeks ago 410s are nice, what gears are you putting in?

Back